IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Breaking engagement  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking engagement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeeha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking engagement
    Posted: 15 April 2019 at 12:53pm
Assalam o aliekum sir , sir i am very tensed due to this issue sir plz help me out, sir i beg u, my question is that if we had made some promis of marriage or engagment with some one but with the passage of time , i dont like that person due to his some of their traits also appearances, so we try to break the engagement as one party does not feel connected to other as marriage is very pure and sacred bond and in this case there is a risk that in future we may not fall into sin. But on breaking this engagement, the other persons say that he/she is not going to forgive at any cost and will take this matter to Allah on day of judgement,
What should we do now? should we marry that person beacuse he/she is not forgiving? ( regardless of not being happy),
Are we liable for this in front of Allah?? Please answer ..
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 5:42pm
Wa alaikum Salam
You are entitled to change your decision provided there are good reasons for that for your future. Allah does not want people to suffer and he wants them to live with ease.
AA
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic