IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Regarding leading of prayers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regarding leading of prayers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroonJamshaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding leading of prayers
    Posted: 12 March 2019 at 6:04am
Salam,

I belong to a muslim family and before 1 week I was the only one in my family who did not pray. I have been sinful my whole life and found myself quite lost, confused and generally with a megative attitude towards life. Recently I havr started praying and reading the Quran translation for answers. Whenever I pray my heart beats fast and my voice quivers. Today at the office someone saw me performing the wudu and as I went to the prayer room he followed me and suggested we hold a jamat. I agreed and when two or three more people came I was asked to do the jamaat. I got very nervous and made a few errors during the jamat also. Since the past by two weeks whenever I pray I ask Allah swt to guide me to the right path and stay by my side. This whole incident struck me as very odd. My initial reaction was of joy that God thought I was worthy of leading a prayer for a few people but then it struck me that maybe he was trying to tell me something else since I ask him for signs to guide me. A few years ago I became religeous also but then one day at the masjid I was wearing long shorts and a person came to me and started to scold me for wearing that to the masjid. I stopped going to the masjid after that because my imaan was weak. It seemed very odd of that man to come up to me back then and just like that this incident was very odd. I am sorry if I am not forming my question properly but what I want to ask is what do you think of this incident? Should I be worried or happy?
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 2:16pm
Wa alaikum salam,
Empower yourself with a true understanding of the faith and then follow it without being reactive to anyone's comments. Learn from those comments if they make sense, otherwise follow what your knowledge leads to follow.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic