IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Most Islamic career choosing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Islamic career choosing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muhammad.ali1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Islamic career choosing
    Posted: 19 February 2019 at 10:07am
Assalamualaikum. I am a Pakistani single boy of 19 years of age. Although I know this is a bit comprehensive but it is like that so you understand all my thoughts, options etc. Many people must have confusions like this and this will help all In Shaa Allah:

I have some confusion in choosing career as my family want me to pursue architecture. My father has a good business in architecture and he is an architect himself. My family wants me to continue his business. This is not my family's business, but my father's. However, I do not find architecture a way to directly spread Islam etc (even if I build mosques, some other architect could probably make the same or better, anyway its design doesn't really matter, I think) because of which I also lack a bit of interest in it. I have a few options in mind which I would like you to consider (I think I have an ability for all and I can be successful in all In Shaa Allah):

- Jihad in the army as the highest level is of a mujahid, shaheed and ghazi
- A religious scholar (having done a mufti course and/or PhDs in Arabic, Islamiat, Philosophy, Comparitive religion etc. I can also then teach many students and give dawah and knowledge around the world.
- An author after having done the above and/ or also having degrees in writing etc as published books will lead to a lot of Sadqa e Jariah, even after my death.
- A scientist as our Ummah lacks good scientific minds who are religious as well, and connect religion to science and counter arguments of Western atheist scientists (especially evolutionary biologists, theoretical physicists etc) . Also, the Quran can be interpreted better by a scientist as words in Arabic can have lots of meanings. The point of view that all/most scientists are atheists can be countered and science can be told as part of religion etc. Even the scholars that are currently doing this e.g. Zakir Naik are not as advanced in the field of science and make mistakes as well in their arguments, and their arguments are weak and sometimes outdated, wrong etc as well.
- I can make totally Islamic films as an actor, director etc in the film industry to represent Muslims, for knowledge of Muslims etc. But, not depicting any religious personality if that is unlawful.
- I can be a naat khwaan/ muezzin/ qari and train others as well. As I have a good voice Alhamdulillah, and I have even learned a little singing in my times of jahilliya. I could also get a degree in this to make naats, recitations etc.
- An ittar maker + smeller as I have a very good sense of smell, and good perfume is very liked in Islam. But, this is a lower category for me although a degree in this can be obtained as well. And, a business of it can then or generally be done.
- Racecar driver/ sports personality as they earn good money as well (if going for money) and I love the thrill of it and can really do trainings/ exercises. I'm also know swimming and earned some medals in it among other sports.
- Political science/ CSS (CSS is an exam through which good government positions are attained) as through it I can enforce Islamic laws, which are not present in the country to date and allow the country to move in an Islamic direction.

OR

Be an architect. Although my dad only makes around 5 thousand dollars but I think I can expand and do businesses in it. But, doesn't Allah give rizq, so if I have any other career, I may be able to earn the same amount of money, also by doing business with the career as my family says I have to earn money as a man and I also have to raise up children and give them the best education (which I also want). Also, charity might be in the eyes of Allah a percentage of your wealth and not it's amount as I heard that a old and poor woman put one coin into the whole pile of collections of money for Jihad, I think, and the Prophet (s) said something like that this coin is heavier on the whole pile of money. Also, I've heard poor people are better liked and in Bukhari book 54, hadith 464, Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: The Prophet (s) said, "I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants.....".

Please guide me accordingly even to something or a career that I have not stated. I can pursue multiple degrees/ careers at once or do businesses with any other career (although starting a business requires some money as well). Also, a lot more importantly, deen has not been established in Pakistan and according to Dr. Israr Ahmad unless Khilafat is established, everything is haram and Muslims should focus on this the first, so I can also through a career help this requirement. I know that my hopes are high with everything but I hope to do the absolute best I can. Please tell me which is the best career option and what should I do (also seeing current times)? Keep in mind that my ONLY purpose is Allah's appreciation and the hereafter and I will be happy on anything that helps me to achieve that. May Allah grant you a high place in Jannah. JazakAllah khair.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2019 at 3:26pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
The purpose of life is to work for the improvement of one's life and that of others. In every legitimate field of work, you can achieve it.
The Khilafat is not the goal of a Muslim.  It may be the goal of a political party. But as an indidicual, our goal is to understand the divine guidance and live accordingly. The goal of a Muslim is to live the life according to Islamic teachings and be useful to the rest of the humanity.
Look at your own abilities and situation and decide what is best for you. If you are hard working, you can excell in all that is there.
Make sure you understand your potential.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 7:11am
Daneer View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2021 at 2:18am
Esselam Alejkum,

For a long time I have been thinking the same and trying to find the best career where I can bring most impact with bismillah. I have understood that any halal career you do honestly with Allah on mind is ibadah. It is all about your intention in the heart. As architect you are a part of building peoples houses and improving their comfort. They are going to live in that house you designed and created for many years, so I can see clear benefit to them if you do it the best way you can and become the best in field. Also anything else you do you can find ways of attaining Allah's pleasure. When you earn from halal means and spend it in halal way especially to take care of your family etc. it is a good deed, and your work is also ibadah. I know that jobs like Doctor, Scholar, Scientist, teacher, army etc. have a clearer impact but even they also have to work on their intention why are they doing it ? Of course if you like any of these careers it is good. However you have to look at your personality and what do you like. Of course other than career you also fulfill prayer and additionaly try to memorize Qur'an, fast, work on ahlaq, etc.

The best way to see is to check 
1. What do you like/enjoy?
2. What are you good at ? 
3. What is the current biggest need in the society you are? 
and also if you fulfill all three you can also add 4. Resources and connections (for example you have architect in family so it can be easier to develop yourself there).

S.A.
Hartynspren View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartynspren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 2:46am
I'm sorry that you faced such a difficult choice, but there can be no advice here. It would be best to decide what is more essential for you.
wertyhas View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wertyhas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 4:39am
It would be best to decide what is more essential for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic