IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Working Wife And Financial Matters  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working Wife And Financial Matters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojuni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working Wife And Financial Matters
    Posted: 16 February 2019 at 6:24am
I am married to one UAE born and brought-up Iranian girl whom I've been working with since 6 years as well in the same company. We are married since 6 months and continuing with our jobs. However, she has been reluctant and hesitant to share the household since then. We planned after marriage to mortgage one flat for living and arranged in a way where she was saving money and I was bearing living expenses except on two occasions where I was not able to pay the rent cheque and then she borne / supported me in a passive manner. After 6 months when she has become able to add more into her pre-marriage savings, she is applying for mortgage but don't want my name on the title deed. I directly indirectly conveyed her the circumstances and emotions but she never understood and now stubborn to have at full ownership or otherwise not buying at all. I've two questions.
1. Is it acceptable or positive behaviour for our relation specially when I planned to buy mutual property. (Note that I already owe 2 properties on my name in my home country but she don't want to owe those properties and doesn't consider them as hers or OURS).
2. She use to give every month 2000 dirhams to her mother and dad for household before marriage. I didn't stopped her doing it except recently when she made it conditional that if she won't pay to her mom and dad then she will not pay for our household too. Is this acceptable from any parents to ask money from married daughter where her husband has allowed her to work for the mutual savings and investments and better future and specially when her working brothers are not contributing to the household and non-working one is borrowing too from her.

Hope to have a fair and justified answer in view of relationship bonding.
Jazak Allah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic