IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mosques use too much electricity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mosques use too much electricity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hameed77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mosques use too much electricity
    Posted: 23 January 2019 at 8:46pm
In all the mosques I go to, there is adsolutely no sense of environmental responsabilty. Recyclables are thrown with the trash. In summer they put the a.c. on so cold it feels like a refrigerator and a person actually needs to wear a jacket .despite the cold, they are putting on so many fans.
They put thr lights on in daytime even when not necessary. In Wudu people waste way too much water the mosques should have set up the faucet so tg hat only a trickle can come out.
And after all that, they akways beg for donations to subsidize thier extravagant use of resources!
HabibUrRehman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HabibUrRehman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 11:56am
First, not all mosques are like that. We can't generalize this for all mosques.

Second, change starts on an individual level, then on family level and then on social level. Be part of Mosque committee. Discuss with mosque committee, how we can not only follow Sunnah by being environmental friendly but also save some $$$ which can be given to poor families. I am sure, you will see a change.
TillLindemann View Drop Down

Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TillLindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 1:11am
I think they are paying a lower price, some of them are connected to a private supplier to have a lower price for the electricity tariff. To be honest, this is what I was told by a man who's working in a mosque. More than that, he told me that they have a private supplier not for a long time and this happened very fast. As far as I know, there is a service that could help you to change your supplier to a private one. usave is the name of the service, you have to introduce the postal code and to choose from the available suppliers in the area, they will take care of the rest. I think I will try to change my supplier too, I think I could pay less
ANGELINA View Drop Down
Stoicism
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANGELINA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2020 at 12:46am
Some areas don’t even have wires, let alone air-conditioned mosques. Therefore, I agree with you that we should save energy and improve the living environment for more people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic