IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - questions regarding Islamic idea of power of will  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

questions regarding Islamic idea of power of will

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amevicx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: questions regarding Islamic idea of power of will
    Posted: 05 January 2019 at 3:55am
I am new to Islam, so if somebody can answer my question about it
1- Islam believe that every person have choice regarding what they want to do and therefore be rewarded or be punished by what he or she has done.
but if GOD is almighty and has no limit in time dimention for him, meaning the past and now and future for him is the same thing due to no limitation. therefore a billion year ago , now or a billion year later is same for God. but this will rise a question, because this will also mean that even before i am born, GOD would have already know that what i will do during my whole life and whether i am going to hell or heaven because God knows everything. 
so, if God already knows what i am going to hell or heaven, even a billion years ago(from bigger picture), then what is the power of choice for mankind?
time is something subjective and relative, for us, we dont know what is going to happen next second and we think that we are doing what we choose, but this is the case, it would like God is watching a film, the charactor(man) thinks he is doing what he want to do , but the audience(GOD) already knows his choice and therefore NO POWER OF CHOICE AT ALL.
2- if the question above is correct, then wouldn't it be that GOD is punishing us for thing that he knows we are going to do even before we are born, isn't it a bit unfair?
3- devil used to be an angel, and God knows the betrayal of the devil and did nothing(let's first dont get into that), and let the devil seduce man to do the fobiddend things and then punish man to hell, wouldn't it be easier just get rid of devil? what is the point of doing this? is it testing what man is going to do? but God would already know because of his power, so there is no meaning to that.
4- heaven and hell is eternal but this world is not, so is it fair to determine where man is going to be eternally base on what he has done in this world? isn't it not fair and God would already know the answer to that question.

thank you for answering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic