IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some differences between the Quran and Hadith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some differences between the Quran and Hadith

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some differences between the Quran and Hadith
    Posted: 09 December 2018 at 5:03pm

The Qur'an has its truth value, Qat'i (absolute), while the hadith is still Dhanni, so it still requires proof and justification from the Quran and the history of the hadith, given that there are still false hadiths circulating in the Muslim ummah.
        All the verses in the Quran are obliged to be a guidance, while the hadith is not all.
        The Qur'an is authentic both in lafadz and its meanings, while the hadith is not all of them.

If the Qur'an talks about the aqeedah and the unseen (Ghaib), it is obligatory to believe it, while the hadith is not all, etc.

Therefore, it is not true if we accept all hadith as a source of law given that there are still many false hadiths circulating in Muslim societies. But it is not true that we reject all hadiths because the hadith is the second source of Islamic law after the Qur'an.

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 2:02am
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

The Qur'an has its truth value, Qat'i (absolute), while the hadith is still Dhanni, so it still requires proof and justification from the Quran and the history of the hadith, given that there are still false hadiths circulating in the Muslim ummah.
        All the verses in the Quran are obliged to be a guidance, while the hadith is not all.
        The Qur'an is authentic both in lafadz and its meanings, while the hadith is not all of them.

If the Qur'an talks about the aqeedah and the unseen (Ghaib), it is obligatory to believe it, while the hadith is not all, etc.

Therefore, it is not true if we accept all hadith as a source of law given that there are still many false hadiths circulating in Muslim societies. But it is not true that we reject all hadiths because the hadith is the second source of Islamic law after the Qur'an.

Jazakallahu Khairan Asep.

May I add:

Personally, I have no problem with Hadith, because I only look at Hadiths from the top Authentic, trustworthy (Sunni) sources:

Furthermore, in this day and age, we are very blessed by the fact that, when you come across any Hadith whatsoever, it only takes a few seconds to find out everything about that Hadith, a well as what your favorite scholars (going all the way back to Sahhabah RA) have said about it.

Also: After I establish that a Hadith is Authentic (by verifying it with known and trustworthy people of knowledge who are experts in applying extremely rigorous criteria on chains of transmission...etc), then I will of course accept it and apply it to my daily life:

It is true that there are some 'False' and 'weak' Hadiths circulating in the Muslim Ummah, but we must not forget the huge tremendous job done by hundreds of thousands of Muslim scholars throughout Islamic history, to authenticate, clean and 'shield' Islam from potential 'contamination'. It is up to individual Muslims to choose whether to 'swim' in 'clean' waters or 'murky' ones (i.e. what are your sources and who do you refer to...etc).

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 4:26am
Thank you Miaw for your addition to my article.

That's right what you say that all of that is returned to each Muslim, but it will be different with in my country where most are still permissive, meaning that if someone who is considered influential in religion comes then he makes his statement that this hadith is narrated by Imam Bukhari from Abu Hurairah Radiallahu 'anhu, but truly it was actually made by himself, and incidentally many Muslims did not examine the truth of the content he stated, that's the problem. finally many emerging misguided understandings or not in accordance with Islamic law, and some of the ummah have followed it, even though the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam did not issue such hadith, because I believe that our Prophet certainly always followed the commands of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.

Jazakallahu khairan.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic