IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marital problems  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marital problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marital problems
    Posted: 01 December 2018 at 6:27pm
Asalamu 3aleikum, my husband of 8 years has recently lost his job leading him to not have drive for anything anymore.. he goes from being worried I’m going to leave him to hit caring and saying to me “I want a divorce” when arguments happen about his work ethic or ills and rent! He also has always been verbally abusive and has always pt me down with his words ... in this situation I get a bipolar attitude from him and the verbal abuse comes out all over again! I have a issue with myself... I tend to chase after him even tho he’s definetly in the wrong and I can’t relax or just sit still cuz of my worries I have also lately been wanting to leave him or have wonder in my head how my life would have been with someone else I even at times just want to find someone else! Please help me cope with this situation I need guidance and I need an idea on how I can become more independent and not need him financially.. I have 3 kids one who is a 6 month old and I nurse so for me to work it seems impossible! I vowed to myself once I can work and stand up on my two feet I will leave him! He has brought so much hate out of me towards him I can’t even sleep in the same room as him anymore!
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 4:33pm
Salam,
Please support him with your words at this moment of trial. He has lost job and he feels embarassed and he needs to be reassured for his ability to find another job. Support him. Avoid confrontation. In the meantime try to develop some skills that might enable you to stand on your own feet.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic