IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The meaning of life  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The meaning of life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The meaning of life
    Posted: 15 November 2018 at 1:50am
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sorry if you thought this was going to be the latest review of Monty Python's movie (Embarrassed)... but...

I was just reflecting on the following verse from the Holy Qur'an, where Allah SWT Gives us a whole summary of 'Life' in one verse, including implications in the Afterlife depending on our choices in this life:

Qur'an [57:20]

Chapter (57) sūrat l-ḥadīd (The Iron)

Sahih International: Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.

And then I came across the following Youtube video, full of life questions, that I thought I would share:

Hmmm... Food for thought?

Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 1:13am
Wa alaykum salaams, 

Shukran for sharing, 

Yes when it comes down to it, the above verse depicts this world. There is also so much more where we can appreciate/wonder/comtemplate the divine gifts of Allah SWT. From the stars to the oceans to the human body, all depicted in Holy Quran. So I would think delusion is when we forget Allah SWT and salvation is when we Glorify Allah SWT by seeing His SWT signs, Majesty and Absolute Power.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic