IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Menses and prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Menses and prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Menses and prayer
    Posted: 03 November 2018 at 2:36am
Assalamu 'Alaikum

I am a revert Muslim and still have a lot to learn about Islam. Not being able to understand /read/speak/write Arabic makes it difficult for me to progress. I have no Muslim acquaintance and do not stay in an area where many Muslim woman are.

I struggle to find advice.

My question: I am 47 years old and recently developed weird menses patterns. If it's perimenopause, hypothyroidism, I don't know. There is bloody discharge, but not full on menses. It continues for more than 8 days, will go away and return in a week's time. It makes it difficult to pray as I do not know the Qur'an and can't receite any part of it based on memory.

I feel lost and alone. Far from Allah. I am becoming anxious and emotional because I feel like I am losing my anchor in life.

The fact that I keep on gaining weight, struggle financially and just feel so completely overwhelmed by everything isn't helping.

Please advice on what is proper to do in such circumstances? How do I pray when in this condition? What do I do?     
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 4:50pm

·If bleeding occurs two weeks after the end of the period, and does not match the description of menstrual bleeding, then it does not come under the same rulings as menses and does not prevent a woman from praying and fasting, until the period begins.

·If your menstrual cycle has become irregular and you are confused about the type of bleeding, and you cannot distinguish between menstrual bleeding and other types of bleeding, then regard your period as being seven days, which is the closest to your previous cycle, and regard it as beginning at the time when you used to get your period before it became irregular, then (after that) do ghusl and pray.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic