IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Apps /Softwares
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Block bad websites at your home to protect kids  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Block bad websites at your home to protect kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghulamekambar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Block bad websites at your home to protect kids
    Posted: 30 September 2018 at 7:30pm
Salam aleikum dear brothers and sisters,

With the help of Allah, I have made DNS For Family (free service), that can be used to block all bad websites at your home, school or wherever you wish. For complete details you can visit: https://dnsforfamily.com

In short, as you know internet is filled with bad websites that psychologically effect our's and our children's lives. These websites brings our children towards multiple sins that lowers their piety (taqwa) as Rasul Allah s.a.w.w said: "Staying away from sins is the foundation of deen, give up sins so that you become greatest praying person and pious.". These websites also effect the social life of our children, especially their married life.

DNS For Family provides a safer internet environment where mostly all bad websites are filtered.

Please share with others.

If you think this service is not useful for you then please do share with your friends and relatives. It might be very useful for them and you may protect their children from getting addicted to such websites.

What is DNS Server?

DNS Server is basically the registry of domain names. For example whenever you wish to visit facebook.com, your computer or mobile first communicates with DNS server and ask the IP Address of facebook.com by sending a DNS request. After receiving the IP Address from DNS Server, your computer or mobile communicates with IP Address of facebook.com and show you their website.

What is DNS For Family?

When DNS For Family receives the DNS request, it first checks the website in it's database that whether the website is blocked or not. If it's blocked then it will return the blocked page instead of real website. In addition to filtering of bad websites it also blocks ad services as some ads also lead our children to bad websites.

What is Current Status of DNS For Family?

DNS For Family automatically updates it's database daily. At 30th September 2018, 2.1 million websites (exactly: 2,139,338) are being blocked.
(300 new websites are added in September 2018)

How to set DNS For Family in my Device?

You can set DNS For Family DNS servers either in devices separately like in mobile, laptop, tablet. Or you can set it directly in your internet router (Wifi device). I recommend that you set DNS servers directly in router so that whoever connects to that router automatically gets the DNS server activated in their personal device. As every device and router is different, you can simply google: How to set DNS servers in iPhone 6, or How to set DNS servers in TP-Link TL-WR740N. In routers, DNS setting is normally under DHCP settings.

What are DNS Servers provided by DNS For Family?
  1. 94.130.180.225
  2. 78.47.64.161
To check whether you have correctly set these DNS servers. Open http://check.dnsforfamily.com and it will tell you whether DNS for Family is working in your device or not.

(For advanced users if you want to use DNSCrypt, you can visit https://dnsforfamily.com for DNSCrypt stamps)

As it's Free, is there any catch?

No. DNS For Family service is totally free, there are no advertisements involved, your DNS queries are not logged and there is no hidden costs involved. I made this service with the sole intention of benefitting the islamic community that could lead me towards Allah.

On the contrary, this service costs me. It took my development time, and I have to pay for servers where my DNS servers are hosted.

For any questions, either reply to this thread or send your message at: help[at]dnsforfamily.com. I will be more than happy to assist you. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic