IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Finding Peace In Our Heart.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Peace In Our Heart.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Peace In Our Heart.
    Posted: 24 September 2018 at 12:23am
As-Salaam alaikum,

Indeed, we can find peace in the love of Allah, Generous Lord of Creation. And the reflection of this love is found in the Sallah we offer 5 times daily as Muslims.

Nowadays some of us focus on offering Sallah like some physical exercise to get reward in Paradise; they are  unaware of its spiritual reality. Sallah is infact, the presence of heart and soul before Allah.... when the person gets annihilated in Allah completely, only then would his Sallah become Me'iraj. Allah created us of His Ishq and for His Ishq--- we are sent here to prove our love to Him.

If any of our acts are without the love of Allah, then it is useless because He does not need such prayers. Afterall, He has lots of angels for this purpose.

Actually, when a Momin bows before Allah Ta'ala, it means he has given up everything.... he is like a slave before Him and considers Allah the One and Only Entity (the Best) and himself as the worst. in his 'Risalat al-Ghausia', Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, may Allah be pleased with him, says: I said: 'Oh Lord, which Sallah is closet to You?' It was replied, ''The Sallah in which there is no one except Me, even the person offering the Sallah is esoterically absent from it''.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Abu Fauzi Abu Fauzi wrote:

Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, may Allah be pleased with him, says: I said: 'Oh Lord, which Sallah is closet to You?' It was replied, ''The Sallah in which there is no one except Me, even the person offering the Sallah is esoterically absent from it''

Are you implying here that Sheikh Al-Jilani received revelation from Allah? By what means did Allah answer the Sheikh's question? What methodolgy are we to use to determine such quotes attributed to Sheikh Al-Jilani?
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Abu Fauzi Abu Fauzi wrote:

As-Salaam alaikum,

Indeed, we can find peace in the love of Allah, Generous Lord of Creation. And the reflection of this love is found in the Sallah we offer 5 times daily as Muslims.

Nowadays some of us focus on offering Sallah like some physical exercise to get reward in Paradise; they are  unaware of its spiritual reality. Sallah is infact, the presence of heart and soul before Allah.... when the person gets annihilated in Allah completely, only then would his Sallah become Me'iraj. Allah created us of His Ishq and for His Ishq--- we are sent here to prove our love to Him.

If any of our acts are without the love of Allah, then it is useless because He does not need such prayers. Afterall, He has lots of angels for this purpose.

Actually, when a Momin bows before Allah Ta'ala, it means he has given up everything.... he is like a slave before Him and considers Allah the One and Only Entity (the Best) and himself as the worst. in his 'Risalat al-Ghausia', Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, may Allah be pleased with him, says: I said: 'Oh Lord, which Sallah is closet to You?' It was replied, ''The Sallah in which there is no one except Me, even the person offering the Sallah is esoterically absent from it''.

اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Abu Fauzi,

If who answer is directly from Allah, then he is a prophet or apostle. Whereas what can be like that is only the prophets and apostles, even then only behind the veil. Here I want to justify that Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jailani will not be able to speak directly to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, because Al Quran has explained in the Surah Ash-Shura 42:51 as follows:

وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ �£َن يُكَلِّمَهُ اللهُ إِلَّا وَحْيًا �£َوْ مِن وَرَآئِ حِجَابٍ �£َوْ يُرْسِلَ رَسُولًا فَيُوحِىَ بِإِذْنِهِۦ مَا يَشَآءُ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ عَلِىٌّ حَكِيمٌ

It is not given to any human being that Allah should speak to him unless (it be) by Revelation, or from behind a veil, or (that) He sends a Messenger (Jibril angel) to reveal what He wills by His Leave. Verily, He is Most High, Most Wise.”

We must remind each other that we must be careful of articles as if that are in accordance with the sources of Islamic law (Quran and Hadith).

Jazakallahu Khair.

Abu Fauzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 1:23pm
As-Salaam alaikum,

May I have the chance to respond to the comments above by 2 Senior Members of the Forum ( Abuayisha and asep garut), on my earlier post about/on 'Finding Peace In Our Heart'. Further to that, I want to say/observe that:--

(1) No Sirs!  I am NOT implying that Sayyadi Abdulqadir al-Jialani, May Allah be Merciful to him, received revelation for Allah Ta'ala,
      and certainly he was NOT a Nabi... a Messenger from Allah. He was/is a Wali as the whole
     Muslim World testifies and he is a Member of the Ahl-Bayt...he comes from the household of
     the Noble Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. You may check his bio-data to confirm.

(2) What I implied in my post was/is that Sayyadi Abdulqadir was among those who received
      INSPIRATIONS from Allah Ta'ala- ie Kashf or Ilham (unveiling or inspiration)... the kind of
      Kashf the mother of Sayyadina Musa, peace be upon him, received when she was commanded
     to put her child in the river, where in Surat Qasas verse 7 of the Holy Qur'an, Allah Ta'ala said:

"And We spoke to the mother of Musa.."  No angel was sent to her but the inspiration settled in her heart and she believed it so strongly that she floated her child in the river.

Kashf is a Grant from Allah, and it consists in apprehending beyond the veil of ordinary phenomena, whether by vision or experience, the meanings and realities that pertain to the unseen. It is a kind of intuitive knowledge or discovery that typifies the awliya, whose rank Allah extols with the affirmation:--

"Lo! Verily the Friends of Allah are those on whom fear comes not,
        nor do they grieve." (10:62)

It is from the above standpoint that I had the privelege to send that post, in the first place...and I hope readers will understand it from that perspective as well.

Many Regards.

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 7:34pm
وَعَلَيْكُمُ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Abu Fauzi,

Previously I apologized that what I responded to about what you posted on this forum seemed to be that Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala spoke and answered directly the question of Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani.

Alhamdulillah, I also know a lot about his history, even I myself is one of his followers because in the history of Islam in my country that one of the disseminators of Islamic teachings in my country is descended from Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani.

In the Islamic ummah, he was known as a righteous person and possessed high karomah. The conclusion is that he is a waliyullah who always obeys his worship. (May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala bless him).

I am a follower of Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, because in my opinion he is a Sheikh who has a high dedication to the teachings of Islam.

But unfortunately there are some followers who make him greater person more than the Allah's Apostles, they argue that he was able to revive a dead chicken, he also able to meet the Prophet Muhammad Sallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam in awake situation (not in a dream). Even, there is one of the teachings of Tasyawuf (sufisme) in my country who claimed that their leader is able to rule 7000 angels in just a few minutes.

Such teachings have overestimated who is Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, their understanding is not worthy of being attributed to Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani who is the famous in obedience to his worship. They aren't aware that such statements have made slander to Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani.

In the days of slander like today, many counterfeiters of Islamic teachings such as the example of the spread of false hadiths and fake fatwas are as if that is true according to the Islamic shari'a.

Even now there is a sect that preaches only in the opinion of the ulil amri (their leader) without being supported by the words of Allah and the hadith of saheeh. And if I don't forget, I have made a post in this forum that I was attacked by 4 members of such a sect.

May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala always puts us on His straight path until death picks us up. امين

Afzal Sheikh View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afzal Sheikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 11:44am
Ghous-e-Azam رضي الله عنه was a noted Hanbali preacher, Sufi sheikh and the eponymous founder of the Qadiri Sufi order (selsela). He was born in Ramadan AH 470 (about AD 1077) in the Persian province of Gilan (Iran) south of the Caspian sea.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic