IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus death  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus death

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrahamic_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus death
    Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:17am
The Quran says that they say that they killed the Messiah, but they killed him not. It says that THEY didn't kill him, nor did THEY crucifie him. But it was made so to appear to them. This to me is very clear that God means that Jesus could have died, but it's a responce to the claim that they killed the Messiah, which is a disrespectful statement trying to disprove that he is not the Messiah. I think this verse is trying to say that they didn't kill him, but he still died. He died because it was God's plan, not because they overpowered him. This is compatible with the gospels as we can see that Jesus told Pilate that the only reason that he has the power tohang the Messiah on the cross is because God has willed it. He says that non of this is by their power but God's plan. We can also see that Jesus dies early and he says; Father, into your hands I comend my spirit. The gospel picture of his death is exactly what I think the Quran says. He was crucified and "killed" by God, not by the people. Thoughts? Are there any scholars that holds/held  this view? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic