IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmendez74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage
    Posted: 08 July 2018 at 11:46am
Asalamalekum. I need guidance and courage since my husband of 8 years decided that he needs to find his happiness in life. We got married in Egypt and my husband moved out here after 3 years of being married. While we lived in his country, he was a kind and loving husband but once he made his life here in the US, he changed so much. I converted to Islam a few years back and have always been a good wife. I cook, clean, and treat him with so much love and affection but he doesn’t seem to want that. I don’t understand why he did this? He states he’s been miserable for a long time but yet he ALWAYS did everything he wanted and went out whenever he wanted. Sometimes he wouldn’t invite me to go with him and I would stay at home waiting for him. He started treating me like if he hated me and would put me down so much even in public. He would make me cry and never apologized to me. How can a man treat a loving woman so bad? I’m just torn inside and feel like I was not good enough for him but I never did anything wrong except for loving him and wanted to spend every moment with my husband. I don’t know how to live knowing he doesn’t want me in his life????
Please guide me!
Thank you
Cynthia
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 12:26pm
Wa alaikum salam,
It is sad that he behaving like this. Please sit down with him to discuss the issues and his concerns as well and try to resolve it because you two are the only ones who would overcome this situation.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 6:11am
Wa alaikum salaam, and welcome. Did he acquire US citizenship through marriage to you?
Cmendez74 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmendez74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:45pm
Yes my husband acquired US citizenship through our marriage. I hope he did not marry me for this reason 😞😞😞
Muslimah82 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 12:54am
Assalam walaikum. Your husband sounds like a jerk. He changed completely after coming here. Seems like he was using you and he might be cheating. You should be glad to leave him and marry a real loving husband but that can be hard to find these days. Do Istikarah Salat and see what happens. May Allah grant you a good husband. Even if you leave him, don't leave Islam. At least one great thing happened with your marriage to him: It was your way to Islam. Stay strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic