IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Area to debate religion and science?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Area to debate religion and science?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Area to debate religion and science?
    Posted: 05 July 2018 at 5:27am
Hi people. New here, so forgive me if I make any errors.

I am quite active in the field of online discussion of atheism, science and religion. I discuss, debate and, sometimes, argue with mostly Christian and Jewish people regarding the role of religion in life and society, particularly around issues of science and philosophy.

I occasionally come across Muslims on other forums, but it is not common. I am curious about the types of argument Muslims (at least some, I would not want to put all Muslims in the same group) bring forward in this field.

Is there somewhere where the members openly and honestly debate these issues? I must admit, the few posts I have seen discussing science and atheism have been replete with very poor argument which seems to be accepted without fair reasoning.

If this is not a forum for such discussion, let me know and I'll refrain from visiting.

Cheers,
Mark
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 12:15am
@Silkwood
Quote  I must admit, the few posts I have seen discussing science and atheism have been replete with very poor argument which seems to be accepted without fair reasoning.

You just happened to have a look into the abyss Islam is facing.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 3:18am
Originally posted by silkwood silkwood wrote:

Hi people. New here, so forgive me if I make any errors.

I am quite active in the field of online discussion of atheism, science and religion. I discuss, debate and, sometimes, argue with mostly Christian and Jewish people regarding the role of religion in life and society, particularly around issues of science and philosophy.

I occasionally come across Muslims on other forums, but it is not common. I am curious about the types of argument Muslims (at least some, I would not want to put all Muslims in the same group) bring forward in this field.

Is there somewhere where the members openly and honestly debate these issues? I must admit, the few posts I have seen discussing science and atheism have been replete with very poor argument which seems to be accepted without fair reasoning.

If this is not a forum for such discussion, let me know and I'll refrain from visiting.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Please if you want to ask questions around life, religion, science etc. Hopefully in this forum you will find the answers that can satisfy you.

Thanks.

ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 2:56am
nice sharing jazak Allah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic