IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help with face surgery?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with face surgery?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suhan Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with face surgery?
    Posted: 14 June 2018 at 9:16am
Assalamalaikun everyone, this is my first post so I hope to get help and guidance from you brothers and sisters.
When I was a kid I had a pretty normal looking face but because I have had a nose problem since I was like 10, I have since then breath with my mouth open and this “way” of breathing has literally changed my face shape for the worse. Please watch the following video for more details:

https://youtu.be/1-U5O7HCt0A

So after talking to a dentist, orthodontist and a surgeon my best bet to fix this problem is by having face altering surgery. Now I know that surgeries for “beauty reasons” are forbidden because we are not supposed to alter what Allah has gifted us but my face looks this was not because I was born like this but only because of my nose problem. The way my face looks is also greatly affecting my life for the worse. Do you think in this case I’d be allowed (by the Muslim view) to get this surgery done?
Please help, I’m really depressed because of this.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 12:35pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
There is nothing in the Quran that says that one cannot get surgery to look good. The ahadith talk about hiding the truth. If people use surgery to hide their age so that others could be deceived, then it is not right. But to correct shape of the face is fine. We do that all the time with correcting our vision or broken hand etc.
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic