IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it wrong to present the Bible to Christians?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it wrong to present the Bible to Christians?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearningKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it wrong to present the Bible to Christians?
    Posted: 02 June 2018 at 11:33am
I'd been thinking. If non-muslim gave us Al-Quran, it might be because they got 'hidayah' from Allah. But how if we as a Muslim, give Bible to them? Is it wrong? I need some opinions based on Islam itself, psychology, sociality and also Islamofobia.

Some of them did not dare to do so because they said, how if at that moment their 'iman' are so weak and the Christianity win the situation? Another person said, it's not because of the religion, but it's because of the person's heart to choose what religion suitable with him/her.

Some of them said, there's a lot of thing to be given as a present, like 'sajadah' and 'telekung'. Just say that its a souvenier from the place we went. But some said, it's not a nice choice to do. Because it seems like a sarcasm or insinuation of them while Islam teaches us respect all non-muslims.

There are too many disagreement of this situation.
Whats your opinion?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:28pm
Salam/Peace
I think it's not very common to give "religious" book as a gift if you are not the same religion. I never ever get a quran from non muslim as a gift, at the same time I never give a bible to Christian.

So give other gift to your Christian friend, don't make it complicated.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
LearningKid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearningKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 4:55am
Then hows the situation in movie Ayat-Ayat Cinta 2?
When Fahri (Muslim) send his neighbour (a yahudi grandmother) to the church?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic