IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Death during Ramadan?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death during Ramadan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H Isn’t Here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death during Ramadan?
    Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:29pm
Ok so you know how during Ramadan the gates of Heaven are open and Hell is closed? So if i were to kill myself, would i still go to heaven? Just a hypothetical question
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:57pm
Wa alaikum,
The statement that you quoted is allegorical. It means that people engage in acts of piety abundantly to earn their space in heavens and develop self control to avoid punishment. If someone violates the basic rules of divine guidance, it simply means that he or she is closing the doors of heavens for them.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Mezaninstitute View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezaninstitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2022 at 2:51am
About death in Ramadan, the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “…Whoever fasts one day seeking the Face of Allah and that was his final action, will enter Paradise…” This promise is for one who does righteous deeds and that was his final deed, not simply for dying in Ramadan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic