IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What to do  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahmerciful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:26pm
Asalam alaikum,
wiith due respect i am a citizen of India, and the area i live there are a good no of muslims , and the thing is as ia m an observant of my faith it is quite painful to see that a few people are not observing their faith here properly like they do not attend mosque prayer in friday and also they drink alcohol which is forbidden in our religion. Also i came to notice that many young women are indulging in relationship with people who are polytheist. So even though i support everyone should live with their own believes but it is quite painful to see that people are indulging in things which are haram and it is making my belief in Islam quite weak and as a result i am feeling very much depressed. So my request to you is that how should i handle this problem and keep my faith strong.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Allahmerciful Allahmerciful wrote:

Asalam alaikum,
wiith due respect i am a citizen of India, and the area i live there are a good no of muslims , and the thing is as ia m an observant of my faith it is quite painful to see that a few people are not observing their faith here properly like they do not attend mosque prayer in friday and also they drink alcohol which is forbidden in our religion. Also i came to notice that many young women are indulging in relationship with people who are polytheist. So even though i support everyone should live with their own believes but it is quite painful to see that people are indulging in things which are haram and it is making my belief in Islam quite weak and as a result i am feeling very much depressed. So my request to you is that how should i handle this problem and keep my faith strong.

Wa'alaikumussalaam.., Allahmerciful..

To keep your faith so strong, then suppose you are a diamond thrown into a mud pond, even though the diamond is in mud, but still it is a diamond, and does not turn into mud. Likewise we as a believer, that is the test of your faith, and if your faith remains strong, then your degree of faith will be higher than the faith of those who have not many tests in their life.

Allahmerciful View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahmerciful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 6:46am
Asalamalaikum,
Thanks for your suggestion it is really helpful and i do boost my morale..
Faaiz Rosli View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faaiz Rosli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 12:19pm
This is happening in my country as well... since its a multiracial country, the Muslims mix around with the non-Muslims and picking up their way of life.. :(
I am glad to see that there is a firm Muslim who is depressed and concerned for his brothers in Islam.
I advice you and myself as well to be patient, and bring them closer to Allah. May Allah guide you In Shaa Allah. :)
Allahmerciful View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahmerciful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 1:30am
Asalamalaikum,
The thing is when you are telling them about this , they will tell you , you are interfering with their life and they kind of not like it, but good thing it is people are gaining knowledge on islam and many choose not to opt for it but there will always be some who will be against it.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Allahmerciful Allahmerciful wrote:

Asalamalaikum,
The thing is when you are telling them about this , they will tell you , you are interfering with their life and they kind of not like it, but good thing it is people are gaining knowledge on islam and many choose not to opt for it but there will always be some who will be against it.

My brother Allahmerciful,

We are only commanded to convey the truth from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in a good and wise way even though they oppose it.

ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجٰدِلْهُم بِالَّتِى هِىَ �£َحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ �£َعْلَمُ بِمَن ضَلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِۦ ۖ وَهُوَ �£َعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ ﴿النحل:١٢٥

“Invite mankind to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He knows best who has gained guidance from Him.” (An Nahl 16:125)

Such verse implies that we can not force them to follow our invitation. Our duty only convey the truth, and Allah will count them (reckoning).

فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلٰغُ وَعَلَيْنَا الْحِسَابُ ﴿الرعد:٤۰

“...your duty is only to convey the truth and on Us is the reckoning.” (Ar Ra’d 13:40)

وَلَوْ شَآءَ رَبُّكَ لَاٰمَنَ مَن فِى الْ�£َرْضِ كُلُّهُمْ جَمِيعًا ۚ �£َفَ�£َنتَ تُكْرِهُ النَّاسَ حَتَّىٰ يَكُونُوا۟ مُؤْمِنِينَ ﴿يونس:٩٩

وَمَا كَانَ لِنَفْسٍ �£َن تُؤْمِنَ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللهِ ۚ وَيَجْعَلُ الرِّجْسَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ ﴿يونس:١۰۰

Yunus 10:99

“And if thy Lord willed, all who are in the earth would have believed together to Him. Wouldst you compel men until they become believers?”

Yunus 10:100

And no one will believe except with the permission of Allah. Allah will punish those who don't want to understand (who have no common sense).”

Our attitude as a Muslim is to show them the truth of the teachings of Islam through our speech, behavior and the knowledge on Islam. Insha Allah, we will get help from Allah Ta'ala through His guidance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic