IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A quick question about the Evidence  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A quick question about the Evidence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muhammad_isa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2019 at 3:07am
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

..After Muhammad's death differences of opinion arose over what Mohamad originally recited and arguments arose over the proper transmission of what was written and differences in the Quran started to emerge.

Really? What differences do you refer to?
I haven't come across any.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Hi 2Acts,

Don't you ever get dizzy?... you go round and round in circles... I have answered all your questions in the previous post.

... In terms of its reliability being related to who wrote it. I don’t see how this is relevant ...

It is this kind of attitude that has made previous books (e.g. Bible ...etc) lose their reliability. 

A written copy of the Qur'an was ALLEGEDLY discovered in an attic here or in a cellar there... Big Deal! Opponents of Islam love to use these 'findings' because it serves their purpose (of attacking the integrity and reliability of Islam)... but when you ask them: Who wrote it? and When exactly?... they say: it's irrelevant. 

Thanks to Uthman RA burning all other copies... Any copy found anywhere cannot possibly be from the Prophet's time...

Quote ... Because of Uthman it is impossible for Muslims to know what the Qur’an of Muhammad actually said...

Because of Uthman RA it is very easy for Muslims to know what the Qur’an of Muhammad actually said.

Quote It does not make sense to say burning all the copies that were the same was a favour. If they were all the same then why the need to burn them ?

The reason was explained above in my previous post, and I don't want to copy and paste... so I just refer you back to it. 

Quote What was Uthman afraid of when he burnt the first copies of the Quran? ...

I have answered it in my previous post... but:

He knew that opponents of Islam would one day say what you are saying... and some weak-minded Muslims (who don't know their religion well) might fall for it and believe them.

There's only ONE Qur'an. It's the Qur'an that I know... along with billions of other Muslims from around the world... and (more importantly) from throughout history all the way to Revelation. Can you say the same about your bible?

Hello MIAW.

The reason we go in circles is because your answers are not good enough. And the reason I say it is not relevant who wrote the Sanaa Quran is because Muslims believe it was a direct recitation from Allah, Gabriel and Mohamad. Therefore because it is such a miracle it is irrelevant who wrote the Sanaa copy. Because it is a miracle there should be no differences.

It does not make sense for you to say thanks to Uthman burning all other copies that any copy found anywhere cannot possibly be from the Prophet's time because you do not have any early copies to compare.

You cannot say there is only ONE Quran. The Sanaa Quran proves there was more than one, before Uthman burnt them.

Yes I can say the Bible is extremely reliable. There are more than 24,000 partial and complete manuscript copies of the New Testament and 86,000 quotations from the early church fathers and several thousand Lectionaries (church-service books containing Scripture quotations used in the early centuries of Christianity). The new testament is the most validated of all ancient writings. More ancient copies exist than any other ancient writing, for example the Roman history of Julius Caesar, and others. Plus these copies cover a huge and wide geographic area that prevents them from being gathered together and falsified.

I try to add my opinion here regarding the existence of the Sanaa Quran.

Previously I wanted to ask and hopefully someone could answer my questions:

1.     1. How many verses are there in the Sanaa Quran? (page unnecessary)

2.     2. How many words of Fawatihussuwar letters in such Quran?

(Fawatihussuwar is a collection of Al-Quran letters that started a surah)

3.       How many words of  “  الله  “ (Allah) in such Quran ?

This amount will determine the authenticity of the Qur'an since the Prophet Muhammad is still alive until now that the contents of the Quran are all still maintained authenticity.

Sorry, not all Muslims know the secret behind the number of numbers and letters in the Quran except those who have been given "Al Hikmah" by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

He grants Hikmah to whom He pleases, and he, to whom Hikmah is granted, is indeed granted abundant good. But none remember (will receive admonition) except men of understanding.” (Quran 2:269)

Today, there are thousands of Muslims who understand the Quran and maybe more, and it has been handed down since the Prophet Muhammad is still alive, and they are included in the Quran.

Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Quran, and surely, We will guard it (from corruption).” (Quran 15:9)

We (in blue) show that it is Allah and the Angel Gabriel, while We (in green) shows that it is Allah, the Angel Gabriel, and those who are given "Hikmah" (wisdom) by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

Hi 2Acts, you haven't answered my question, can you answer it?
Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic