IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Humble Submission  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Humble Submission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamerauf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humble Submission
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:53am
Hello, 

I was hoping you can help me with something. 

How does God’s command of being humbly submissive in the Quran, and other religions I presume, not make it a tyrannical command/request? I may be confused about what الخشوع really means, but I don't really understand the concept of submission because it can be looked at as an act of helplessness. I am going through a shift in my perception of life recently and part of me wants to surrender to the universe and believing that surrender will attract only god things, but the other part of me, given that I have been agnostic for ages, thinks it could be a sort of defeat?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Thanks.

Tamer

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:31am
Wa alaikum Salam,
Submission to God means submission to his guidance and laws consciously. It is not a state of helplessness but a state of utmost consciousness.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
youssefbaye View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youssefbaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:32am
I have been pondering this for one to two years Now I can talk about it because you have just explained it here. thank you to whoever I should be thanking
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:10am
Most welcome.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic