IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ramadan - I’m being told it’s tomorrow  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ramadan - I’m being told it’s tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynameis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramadan - I’m being told it’s tomorrow
    Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:55pm
This is my first post so apologies if this is in the wrong place..
I can see it has been announced that the first day of fasting is 17th May. My mum is telling me to follow ‘our’ country which would mean start fasting tomorrow.

We’re based in the UK but my family is from another country

I only came back to Islam a few years ago and this comes up every year for ramadan as I don’t know who to follow. There is a minority of muslims we know that are fasting tomorrow but the majority are starting Thursday so there isn’t even a clear date for the UK

Is there a clear hadith or anything that can tell me when I should be fasting (is it best to follow my birth country, the country I live in or UAE?) I have googled but the answers are mainly about if you’re travelling between countries at the time.

Thanks in advance

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:28am
Wa alaikum,
follow the masjid you go to ppray or you intend to pray.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic