IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I marry zaidi girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I marry zaidi girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I marry zaidi girl
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:43am
Assalamalecum wa rehmatullahi wa barakhatahu,I am md medicine final year student,I am interested in a girl for marriage,I haven't sent proposal to her,but I had found she is zaidi Shia,looking at her she might not know details of Shia Sunni conflict,and if I am not wrong zaidi Shia are closer to sunnis,so can I marry zaidi Shia girl????Allahfiz
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:41pm
wa alaikum salam
Please try to look at the compatibility of the two. If you think you and she would be happy with each other, then take the decision wisely. What if she does not feel compatible with you. So it is better to discuss thing how you would raise your family, what would you do in situation where you have different theological understanding etc.
Make a wise decision through mutual consultation

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:05pm
Suppose if she agree to raise in Sunni way,plus personally I am a man trying to lead life according to Quran and Sunnah till the end of my life,I don't believe in sects because Allah dislikes this in ch 6 v 159 of Quran,Ijust want to know will be my marriage to zaidi Shia is legal in view of Allah???if not then I will not send the proposal.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:43am
If the marriage with a Christian and Jew is valid than Shias are considered Muslims. Marrying with a Muslim is not prohibited.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic