IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can a Muslim be best friends with a polytheist?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can a Muslim be best friends with a polytheist?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can a Muslim be best friends with a polytheist?
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:27pm
Salaam. I have been friends with this person for a very long time. We get along so well and we understand each other. I knew from the beginning that he wasn't Muslim but he always knew I am Muslim. I was never sure what he was until a while ago he told me something that alluded to satanism...? Then later on he told me straight up that he is shinto. If you were to meet him you would never think he was any of these evil things. He is one of the nicest, most easy going people I have ever met. He is also pansexual but that never bothered me. Is it haram for me to be friends with him? He has never tried to force any of his beliefs on me, nor have I ever felt inclined to join him in what he believes. We hang out from time to time, we do things that normal friends do. My only worry is what I mentioned above.

~Thank you
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:36pm
Wa alaikum
It is better to avoid one to one interaction as one does not know where it actually might lead do. Be nice and polite and explain to him your moral standards/

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
imonlyme View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imonlyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:17pm
I think, and it's really my opinion, that in this world, so much hate a separation is preached that when kindred spirits are found, they should not so easily be separated.  Only Allah can judge your friend. Have faith and conviction in your own beliefs and practice the best you can in the service of Allah. But I must stress to not give in to others will and desire for the separation of mankind. No good ever came of it.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:25am
Allah does not forbid to be friends with anyone and whatever her beliefs as long as she does not invite you to change your beliefs unless your friendship continues into marriage, that is forbidden by Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic