IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage
    Posted: 27 April 2018 at 3:58am
I Need some advice I had love marriage and I knew my husband for the past 14 years. we have been married for the last 18 months. I have a Co sister who is married for the last 7 years. Since I got married my husband behavior towards me is changed my in laws keep comparing me with my Co sister. My husband asked me to leave house for a very silly reason when my mother in law came n complained to him about me stating I scared my brother in law after opening the door for him which is not true. We had an argument while I was trying to explain myself. Now I am in my mothers house for the past 5 months. After a lot of discussion with him he comes to my mother's house just to spend 1 or 2 hours with me.we don't have any husband wife relationship. I was working earlier n he doesn't take care of my expenses since I came to my mother's house. He asks me to come back home and ask sorry to his mother which I refused as I was not at fault. I also refused to go and asked him to keep me separate which he denied. So I started working again now his mother has told him that if I get pregnant I should be in his house Due to which my husband is not giving my rights as his wife n now told me to initiate divorce and said if his mother asks him to leave me he will leave me. What am I suppose to do.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 1:49pm
Salam Alaikum,
This is a difficult situation. But the solution lies in the ability of you and your husband to sit down and discuss the concerns as openly as possible without being angry. 
Your husband must realize that divorce is not the solution. He need to balance relations between you and his mother. 
You and your husband has a right to privacy without the interference of your parents.
However, if you feel that by apologizing to his mom, the situation would normalize, then do it because sometimes it is better to resolve the matter than escalating it.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic