IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double standards and persecution of Muslims online  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double standards and persecution of Muslims online

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double standards and persecution of Muslims online
    Posted: 20 April 2018 at 7:50am
Salam everyone. 

Does anyone else feel like it's impossible to discuss Islam, Muslims or anything relating to our history and culture on the internet? 

I've just come from two websites where I got consistently insulted, attacked, bullied and discriminated against, just for being Muslim. On one of the websites, I quit after being constantly harassed. On the other, I got banned when even one of the site moderators started publicly slandering me and accusing me of things I hadn't done (meanwhile, other people were constantly posting insults and slander against Islam and the Muslims, and were being allowed to get away with it). My post was very mild and polite compared to theirs, yet I still got discriminated against and banned. 

I feel like both attempts to be part of a community ended in failure, it seems like we Muslims have to put up with outrageous insults against the Prophet (Pbuh) but when we dare to even say a word to defend ourselves, we are branded as "trouble maker" and singled out for punishment! It's just such double standards. I'm fed up of it. 

Does anyone else feel the same? 

Wa Allahu aleem (And God knows best). 
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2018 at 1:25pm
Can you be more specific about the situation?
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2018 at 7:25pm
Sufi Islam,

Islam is rahmatan lil 'alamin, it means open to discussion without mutual insult to each other. Although there are people who behave like that, then leave them otherwise you will only get insult and debate things that have no benefit at all.

Prophet Muhammad Shallallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam said: "the best of men are those who give benefit so much for others."

Such hadith has the same meaning with the word of God in Sura 16:125-128

16:125

“Invite mankind to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the the Best Aware of those who are guided.

16:126

“And If you punished, the punish them back with the like of that with which you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, verily, it is better for As-Sabirun (the patient).”

16:127

“And endure you patiently, your patience is not but from Allah. And grieve not over them, and be not distressed because of what they plot.”

16:128

“Truly, Allah is with those who fear Him (keep their duty unto Him), and those who are Muhsinun (good-doers).”

You said: ‘Does anyone else feel the same?’

Around the middle of Febr. of this year, I experienced more treatment than you, I was beaten by 4 unknown people, I was beaten with wooden blocks many times, and oddly they dressed Muslim better than my clothes (true or not that they are Muslims only Allah is the Knower), I do not attack back against them, just fend off their attacks. Alhamdulillah, Allah protects me, and they find it difficult to make me faint and then they run away in a hurry, and Alhamdulillah I am not injured at all even my clothes also no one is torn. I am just thankful and prostrate to Allah for His protection.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 5:24am
All persons who believe in divine righteousness are being manipulated to cause dissention. Muslims yes but not only muslims. There are forces in the world trying to get all those who know God to destroy each other. They often pose as religious people. Wolves in sheep's clothing.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 2:00am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

All persons who believe in divine righteousness are being manipulated to cause dissention. Muslims yes but not only muslims. There are forces in the world trying to get all those who know God to destroy each other. They often pose as religious people. Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Those already manipulated are the easiest to manipulate. Their brains are used to it and go along with it.

Skeptics tend to be skeptical of everything.

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 4:49pm
You are right DavidC, not only Muslims or any other religions in this world even those who are not religious like people in the forest areas, they are not worshiping God but their abilities can be higher than religious people, like some of the rural tribes in my country.
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 11:57pm
I'm persecuted in my daily life for my decision to leave Islam for Christianity. Being bullied online is not persecution, knowing every night you close your eyes that your belief can make you lose your head is persecution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic