IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Testing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarzantri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing
    Posted: 18 April 2018 at 2:44am
[IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" alt="Smile" title="Smile[/IMG][IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" alt="Smile" title="Smile[/IMG]
ABUAHMED View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABUAHMED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 3:44pm
What is the problem if you do NS first  & then travel to Madina afterwards. I just want to know.
Faaiz Rosli View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faaiz Rosli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 9:58pm
Assalamualaikum Brother :)

I think it would be better to listen to your father and take your NS first. I am 19 and currently studying in Yemen, but I have not yet taken my NS. I have a deferment from it for only 3 years. The rules from the MOD is quite strict now, so its almost impossible to not take your NS.

Especially since you plan on studying in the Middle-East, the MFA will continuously be checking and  keeping a close eye on you. They have been contacting me for the past 3 years till now. I believe that finishing your NS is much better since you wont have to face any other problems after that :)

I know its a 2 year course and a total waste of time.. >.> but Singapore is ( as always ) a very strict country and they will never leave you alone. Even if you manage not taking your NS, you will also have problems being an Ustadz once you get back. 

I think being disciplined through NS is not such a bad idea, as that may also be under Allah's Will. If your intention to enter NS is to discipline yourself for Allah's sake, then I find that perfectly fine. Besides, discipline is needed to properly seek knowledge.
As for shaving the beard, you can ask permission from MUIS to not have it shaved, but with a legit reason ( if I'm not mistaken ). 

This is my opinion, as a Singaporean like you. And Im glad that there is someone there who is passionate to study Islam. Work Hard! Big smile

Ps. Have you taken any Islamic Studies beforehand? Just wondering.. Smile
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 10:55pm
As a citizen of Singapore you have responsibilities, you owe a debt to the rest of the city for the protection it has given you as you have grown up.

Doing your NS is not about how it will improve you but how you will be able to defend the city should it need to be defended.

Welcome to adulthood.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 6:54am
Wa alaikum salaam, Given the unstable political situation in the Kingdom I'd suggest you obey your father, and perhaps once you finish NS Saudi would have sorted through its regional troubles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic