IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Family Help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aasiyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family Help
    Posted: 08 April 2018 at 9:40am
Salaams,

I am dealing with a family issue. Please advice.

I have been in charge of taking care of my uncle for years and he has been living in hospice.

A few months ago, I went to visit him, he was very angry and accused me of stealing from him. He was cursing and was very angry. 

I am very upset. I did not steal from him and he will not believe me.

Am I still responsible for taking care of him? 

He is unable to take care of his own finances. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 6:18am
Salaams Aasiyah and welcome. Depending on what his medical condition is, his verbally attacking you may be related to his illness. Don't take it personal and continue caring for him with kindness and gentleness. Do your best to avoid confrontation.   
Aasiyah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aasiyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 3:15pm
Just went to visit last week and he tried to hit me. He is aware of what he is doing.

I don't want responsibility of him. He never treated his sister (my mother) nicely.

There has to be something Islamically acceptable. No on should be treated this way and expect someone to take care of them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic