IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي- Prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي- Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nextme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي- Prayer
    Posted: 02 April 2018 at 4:44am
Asslam-o-alaicum brothers/sisters.

I have just written few words on Salah that I would like to share for your reviews, comments and advice. I have posted it as a list of statements so your input could be more specific.

Jazak Allah khairkum

---

1. Salah is to remember Allah while you're conscious of what you're saying.
  2. Salah is the way not to reproduce words but that feeling of submissiveness to your creator.
  3. Your Salah should improve your life span which you would spend ahead of that Salah. So with every Salah, you would make yourself cleaned, rising with the new commitments, giving yourself a fresh start to next part of the day.
  4. Forgive others and then demand your own forgiveness from Allah in every prayer.
  5. Students of Prophet (SAW) understood Salah as a way of talking to their creator.
  6. You will not get your own attention to what you say, if the words you say are not coming from your heart.
  7. Salah, which most of us perform is merely a reproduction of the same words we learnt to give it a go for the first time. So our minds have understood Salah just as the reproduction of words; and when we do it, we think we are all done with our Salah.
  8. Clearly, Salah is not just the reproduction of same words; as it is evident that except from few things like Surah Fatihah, recitation from other part of the Quran, you would find numerous other statements of praises and duas that Prophet (SAW) and sahabah were being recorded to have made, all for their own specific situations.
  9. With this same words pattern reproduction exercise for over few years, our concentration is an unexpected thing. We should realize that Salah is more than an exercise of reproduction of words we learnt. We need to mix it up with genuine praises for Allah, duas, seeking forgiveness and preferably more Quran on regular basis
  10. Prophet (SAW) is reported to have said that core of every ibadah (act of worship) is dua. Prophet (SAW) and sahaba were found seeking solutions to their problems resolved through duas during their prayers. So we should try to make our duas a big portion of our Salah as well, even if your duas are about your own specific problems and you do it in your own language. It is recorded that Prophet (SAW) was delighted with the words of praise of a sahabi, when he uttered those out loud during a prayer.
  11. Prophet (SAW) has encouraged duas to be made in Sajjud.
  12. If you're not getting enough time for duas during congregation prayer, find time to do it in non-farz prayers
  13. Listening to own words during Salah can improve your concentration and is recommended in Quran
  14. Don't feel Salah unnecessary and don't try to find alternatives to this practice, just for your laziness. If you're finding it difficult to perform, you should remind yourself that it is something your creator haven't made optional for you during the day. He definitely realizes the extent of its necessity more than us. So He has focused a lot on this, so we could keep ourselves on track.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 11:33am

وَعَلَيْكُمُ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

My brother nextme,

All what you say are true, and all are in accordance with the word of Allah and Hadith.

If I may suggest to you that what you say will be better if supported and reinforced by the Word of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Shallallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam.

وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

nextme View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nextme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 12:30am
Thanks a lot brother, Jazak Allah khairekum

I will try to find some time to put references as footnotes; inShaAllah

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by nextme nextme wrote:

Thanks a lot brother, Jazak Allah khairekum

I will try to find some time to put references as footnotes; inShaAllah

You're welcome my brother nextme, Jazakumullahu khairan katsiran.
May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala always bless us and save us both in the world and in the hereafter. Amin Ya Mujibassailin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic