IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gaining Knowledge  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gaining Knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaining Knowledge
    Posted: 31 March 2018 at 1:53am
Assalam o Allaiakum . My question is about gaining knowledge in Islam . 
Is it allowed to learn something from paid contents , that you get for free?

There is a website "udemy" which offer paid as well free courses and I found a the paid content for free on google . So I am wondering is it Haram if I learn it for free ? 

Keeping in Mind Udemy's Terms 

"  You will not copy, modify, reverse engineer, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, create derivative works from, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, interfere with, or otherwise use and exploit any Company Content, the Services or Courses or Submitted Content except as permitted by these Terms or the relevant Instructor as applicable.  "

so the free content I found are reproduced by someone who bought these courses . So If I gain knowledge from those free content that are actually paid content on udemy will it be considered Haram ? and Both (I and the one reproducing it) will be sinful ?
More over , If I apply this knowledge somewhere to earn money , will that money be also Haram ?

One last thing , if it is Haram and I learn and gain the knowledge then if I apply that knowledge to earn money will that money be also Haram ?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic