IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Repentance, what to do to relief self.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repentance, what to do to relief self.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creatiive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repentance, what to do to relief self.
    Posted: 24 March 2018 at 2:45pm
Long story short, i was an Atheist and had long left many beliefs of any religion. I was "free" and not bound by any forms of religious ethics and was at a young age( still young, just much different ). I have tried many things and as most western societies, was open to many forms of drugs, parties and sexual exposure. I have made many mistakes and have forgiven myself, except for one act. I have once, under the dose of drugs and out of the very demonized saying of " YOLO " tried sex with a man( i am also a man). At that time i simply knew it wasn't for me and didn't care much as i was not bound by any religious ethics, like i already explained. Now its a very different story as i am always repenting with all my heart because of what i did. How can i overcome this? its killing me inside. 
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 5:02am
Well,
If you have forgiven yourself for other actions, you need to forgive yourself for all. God is merciful and he hears all.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 6:45am
Do you now see yourself as being bound by religious ethics? If so, what religion?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic