IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reference Required  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reference Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzkabir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reference Required
    Posted: 24 March 2018 at 1:00pm
Assalamu Alaikum.

I heard one incident from my father(died 20 years ago) during childhood.  The incident is

A nation had reached with highest state of inhumanity, so Almighty Allah ordered to destroy the nation. But the angels replied "Oh Almighty, there's a man lives who is always praising you." Allah replied "then throw the city on his head because his praising does not inspired others to follow my instruction."

I need the reference, specially the name of the nation and the reference in Islamic books.

Can you help to to find the reference?

Thank you sir.

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 10:20am
Wa alaikum Salam,
This is one of the stories from Jewish sources. Their authenticity is very weak.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 11:43pm
عن عبيد بن إسحاق العطار حدثنا عمار بن سيف، عن ال�£عمش، عن �£بي سفيان، عن جابر رضي الله عنه قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: �£وحى الله إلى ملك من الملائكة �£ن اقلب مدينة كذا وكذا على �£هلها. قال: إن فيه عبدك فلانا لم يعصك طرفة عين. قال: اقلبها عليه وعليهم فإن وجهه لم يتمعر لي ساعة قط

Narrated through 'Ubaid ibn Is'hāq al-'Attār through 'Ammār ibn Saif through Al-A'mash through Abu Sufyān through Jābir that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "Allah revealed to an angel among the angels to destroy so-and-so city with all of its people. He [the angel] said: "Therein is Your Servant. He never disobeyed You, not even for a blink of an eye." He [Allah] said: "Turn it over on him and them, for his face never showed signs of displeasure for My Sake."

— Al-Mu'jam al-Awsat, Vol. 7, pp. 336, Hadith 7661

The name of the place was also not specified in the narration in Ihyā' 'Ulum ad-Dīn 2/310 by Al-Ghazāli, nor in Jam' al-Fawā'id 4/326/7908 by Mohammad ibn Sulaiman al-Maghribi, nor in Mishkāt al-Masābīh 4/1426/5152 by Abu 'Abdullah At-Tabrīzi, nor in Mu'jam Ibn Al-A'rābi 3/948/2016 by Abu Sa'īd Ibn Al-A'rābi, nor in Sho'ab al-Imān 11/74/7189 by Al-Bayhaqi.

All of them had the same narration chain. The hadith is graded as da'īf jiddan (very weak) by Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani.   (see Jami' at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3057 — "When the people see the wrongdoer, and they do not stop him from doing wrong, then it is soon that Allah shall envelop them in a punishment from Him.").

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic