IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please help me with my question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me with my question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanmoyarthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me with my question
    Posted: 14 March 2018 at 10:07am
I've been talking with one of my Christian friend for few days about Islam . And he shows interest in Islam and he ask me a lot of question. But recently he asked me a question and I'm not able to answer please help me .
I told him to listen translated Quran. Cause he can't read Arabic . And he went here :
https://islamqa.info/en/20652
And in one line he found that where it says "Allah created Adam in His image , and he was sixty cubits tall"
So here what does "Allah created Adam in his image" does mean ?

Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 4:21am
It is a wrong translation please ask him to refer to sahih International Translation of Quran

Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 6:38pm
Wa alaikum Salam
What your friend is referring to is a statement attributed to Prophet Muhammad as reported in a collection of his statement compiled by a Muslim scholar popularly known as Imam Bukhari. There is not such statement made by Allah in the Quran.
On the contrary there is a verse in the Quran "The Originator [is He] of the heavens and the earth. He has given you mates of your own kind  just as [He has willed that] among the beasts [there be] mates - to multiply you thereby: [but] there is nothing like unto Him, and He alone is all-hearing, all-seeing.   - 42:11

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
haramaintours View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haramaintours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 11:48pm
That’s great to see that he is interested in Islam. If he is really interested, you have to treat properly. And aware him to Islamic holism. Thanks for at least you have tried to give him path to Islam. I am very appreciating. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic