IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tngofsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help.
    Posted: 09 March 2018 at 11:34pm
I'm white and American, an Army veteran. In school on my GI Bill. Met the most wonderful woman I never thought I'd meet, she's Jordanian & Muslim. She was up front with me from the beginning, she doesn't date and only would be open to marriage if I converted. I said OK to the first and that I'd consider the second. 

The more I get to know her, the angrier I'm getting. She's so far told me that if her dad found out about me(keeping in mind we've done nothing physical at all) he'd either kill her or force her into marriage in Jordan, then followed up by SINCERELY saying he was a wonderful person who I'd love to meet. And her brother, who casually watches her be abused with all the detachment of a hanging judge is also supposedly wonderful, and I'm supposed to somehow respect these "good" people. 

And apparently, swapping one framework for another just isn't enough for her, because she wants me following every minute detail of the religion. I don't do that with Christianity, because I will never believe in a perfect, flawless religion. It is not within my ability to believe in such a thing. What I have read leads me to believe that the Prophet Mohammed had divine influence. That does not mean he was infallible.

I have not lived a good or easy life. I had completely given up all hope of marriage, love or anything else until I met this woman. There is no doubt in my mind that we were supposed to meet, and if I do not marry her I most likely will not at all. But the fact that I'm expected to kowtow to a family of such low and evil character is intolerable in itself, and the dogmatic minutia of this(or to be honest, any) religion seems like a prison in and of itself. What do I do here?
Oussama View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oussama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 1:59pm
My friend 
The bottom of the line is if you wish to marry this woman then there is no other choice but to convert to Islam and follow its teaching and laws , if you will not or don't want to then you will never be allowed to marry her and she is not allowed to marry you even she wants. Islam forbids any muslim woman from marrying any non muslim 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic