IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where to Begin Reading  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to Begin Reading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ialsop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to Begin Reading
    Posted: 08 March 2018 at 8:05am
Hello all!

I am a Christian, but I own an English copy of the Holy Quran. I would like to read it, and have several times read the first few chapters. 

I was wondering, is there a good order to read the verses or chapters? In the Christian Bible, I can find recommended readings for certain days and guides for how to read it(not just cover to cover). Is there something similar I can find for the Quran, or should I simply read it cover to cover? 

Thanks! 
-Isaac
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 7:09pm
Peace
When Muslims are reading the Qura, they are reading it to seek guidance and renew their commitment to God They consider it a part of their belief. Hence, they sometime read the Quran from the first chapter to the last in the order it is compiled. Additionally, they also recite certain chapters on special occasions. o on specific days.
You are making an effort to understand the message of the Quran. Hence, you can read it in the order you have it in your copy of the Quran.
Aslam Abdullah
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 11:27pm
Thanks for this information.
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic