IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim girlfriend - converting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim girlfriend - converting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corny87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim girlfriend - converting
    Posted: 07 March 2018 at 12:50pm
Hello everyone,
So I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now.
I have a muslim girlfriend, and I'm currently Christian.
She says I have to convert to be a muslim to marry her.
I have told her this is no problem for me, because it is worshipping the same god.
However she also demand that I pray 5 times per day.
This is for me not a realistic option. 
I have told her I cannot do that, as it will interfere with my daily life too much.
She says SHE will go to hell, if I do not pray 5 times and follow the muslim rules, because she "recruited" me.

So my question is: 
What are the actual rules for me to marry her? Wouldn't it be enough to convert and believe?
I mean, wouldn't I be the one going to hell for not following the muslim way 100 %..?
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 1:56pm
Peace,
Thanks for asking the question.
Change of faith is not just symbolic, it is in fact of the change of life style.
You believe in one God and the Islamic Faith around the idea of oneness of God.
Islam asks its adherents to turn to God in prayers five times a day. People who are in your condition adjust their prayer schedule accordingly. You can start slowly and gradually increase your commitment to prayers. Islam teaches us that each one is responsible for one's action. A person cannot be held accountable for the wrongs of others.
Aslam Abdullah 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic