IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ever Considered This?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ever Considered This?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ever Considered This?
    Posted: 03 March 2018 at 12:14pm
As-Salaam alaikum,

In the Holy Qur'an, the first Prophet of Allah on the planet earth, Adam alaihi-Salaam, said:--

"O Lord! We have wronged ourselves" (7:3)  and after him, Prophet Ibrahim, alaihi-Salaam, said:-

"When I fall ill, He heals me" (26:80)

Sayyadina Ibrahim, alaihi-Salaam, attributes the sickness to himself in order to teach us courtesy. In other words, 'I am ill and my healing is only from Him'. He is negating himself, putting aside the self.... and when you remove yourself, you affirm Allah Ta'ala in all affairs.

Note that in this wise when Sayyadina Musa, alaihi-Salaam, showed a sign of egoism, saying: ''I am more knowledgeable than any other human being on earth'',  Allah sent him Khidr so that he might journey with him for a few days, and lose that egoism...as detailed in Surat Kahf (chapter 18) of the Holy Qur'an....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic