IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage Online/Over the phone.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage Online/Over the phone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emtmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage Online/Over the phone.
    Posted: 18 February 2018 at 8:08am
Assalaamu alaikum.

I am a revert sister and I have met a brother online and we want to do nikah. However, we are in different countries and it may be some time before we can meet. We want to do the nikah as soon as possible before meeting as we fear our communications will cause the displeasure of Allah. When I have asked at my ocal masjids all refuse to do it and say only if both of us our present. I researched it and Islamically it is allowed to perform a nikah this way where someone can be a wakeel for the groom. So my question is does anyone know someone who would be willing to perform a nikah for us so Insha'Allah we can make our relationship halal. I am in the UK.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 12:13am
Wa alaikum salam,
Just visit your locla msjdi in UK, I believe they will help you to do the nikah, or they might have sugestion to dela with this situation.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Muslimah82 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:28am
Assalam walaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. I think I saw an ad for getting married through the internet on some site. I can relate. I am in a similar situation. It's good to keep things halal. Make sure to do a video call if you already haven't to see what the person really looks like. Also, try to do a background check.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic