IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What proof is there that Muhammad was a p  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What proof is there that Muhammad was a p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 2:11am
Originally posted by ovibos ovibos wrote:

... Even for those christians who worship Jesus, they still have a chance to be forgiven ...

Are you sure about this?

If you worship anyone other than Allah SWT, then you are associating other 'gods/partners' to Allah.

[5:73-76]
{73} لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ ثَالِثُ ثَلَاثَةٍ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَهٍ إِلَّا إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِنْ لَمْ يَنْتَهُوا عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْهُمْ عَذَابٌ �£َلِيمٌ

They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.

{74} �£َفَلَا يَتُوبُونَ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَهُ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

Why turn they not to Allah and seek His Forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

{75} مَا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلَّا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَ�£ُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ كَانَا يَ�£ْكُلَانِ الطَّعَامَ انْظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الْآيَاتِ ثُمَّ انْظُرْ �£َنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ

Al-Masih, the son of Maryam, was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His Signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

{76} قُلْ �£َتَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَمْلِكُ لَكُمْ ضَرًّا وَلَا نَفْعًا وَاللَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

Say: "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah, He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."

The jews that verses 2:62 and 5:69 are referring to are those who lived (and believed) during Prophet Moses' PBUH time. As soon as Prophet Jesus PBUH arrived on the scene, Everyone had to renounce Judaism and become a Christian.

The Christians that verses 2:62 and 5:69 are referring to are those who lived (and believed) during Prophet Jesus' PBUH time. As soon as Prophet Muhammad PBUH arrived on the scene, Everyone had to renounce Christianity and become a Muslim.

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 3:23am
Assalaamu’alaikum,

I want to give a straight line here what is meant by Ovibos maybe:

1. All those who refuse to follow the teachings of their Prophets when their Prophets are still alive until they are willing to follow the teachings of their Prophets, so they still have the opportunity to repent. or

2. After the arrival of the Prophet Muhammad while other Prophets have passed away, then the non-Muslims who immediately repent before their spirits been uprooted, then turned the faith into a worship only to one God (Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) as in Allah's Word.

I apologize if what I convey is not clear.

Wassalaamu’alaikum.

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

Peace Zanoo.

“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron…“Now comes” SALVATION and strength, and THE KINGDOM OF OUR GOD…” (Rev. 12:5-10)

The angel Gabriel reassured Mary about giving birth to Jesus and he prophesied that

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David. He reign over the House of Jacob forever His Kingdome will never end (Luke 1:32)

God is called the Most High God throughout the Bible. The Hebrew word ‘Elyon is translated as Most High, and ’El ‘elyon and ’Elohim ‘elyon are Most High God. Son of the Most High God is a natural alternative name of Jesus (Yeshua‘), the Son of God. The interesting thing about this name is that it was spoken by a demonized man.

The man possessed by a legion of demons reacted when Jesus arrived on his side of the lake of Galilee.

Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me.”

(Luke 8:28)

John’s second quote from the prophet is from Isaiah 6:9-10, when Isaiah saw the glory (or greatness) of God. The prophet Isaiah knew that one day God would send the Messiah, His Son, to live a perfect life among His people and to save them from their sins (Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7, 53:4-6). He had a preview of the same glory of Christ that the apostles later witnessed and described (Matthew 17:1-8; John 1:14). When Gabriel told Mary that Jesus would be great, he meant that Jesus would manifest the very glory of God.

When Jesus came to earth as an infant, He came with the proper credentials to rule. He offered His kingdom to His people, but they spurned it and rejected and executed Him. However, Christ will return in glory and with omnipotence to establish His kingdom (Revelation 19:1-21:8).

After all only Jesus the Messiah can save you, no matter how hard and how long you prostrate to God.

Peace unto you.

Nice, "alternative" name! Good opinion!
try again!
It seems like the Messiah pbuh and God Almighty forgot to informed the disciples of that name?

-----------------------------------

You sure John was quoting from Isaiah 9: 9-10 or was Ezekiel 31:11, 32: 12 and 32: 21?
Check it and see:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/isa/9/1/t_conc_688006

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eze/31/1/t_conc_833011

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eze/32/1/t_conc_834012

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eze/32/1/t_conc_834021

Br. zainool
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 7:37am
Originally posted by ovibos ovibos wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Can you see why I'll pass on that then?

I get an impression that you want a god like "god" in Buddhism (if there's a god in Buddhism).
According to Buddhism: If you do good deeds in this life, then you will get good karma in your next life. 

But the Abrahamic religions (especially Islam and Judaism) are different from Buddhism.
The basic tenet in Islam is to believe in One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

Quote Many people are comfortable with the idea of "God is love". They expect God to serve them.
God is expected to bless them with health, prosperity, and answer them in their need - regardless of how they observe His Laws.
As God patiently waits for them to wake up, giving them decades of free choice in peace and prosperity, they take this for a sign that all is well and they have done what they are required to do.
And when God "fails" to perform what they expect and terrible hardship strikes, they either:
(1) reject religion
(2) blame God
(3) blame anything or anyone else

source: Guide for the Noahides

How can you get good rewards in the next life if you reject the most fundamental foundation in the religion, that is to believe in the One God?
What do you got to lose if you believe in God?
To quote Blaise Pascal, "If you gain, you gain all. If you lose, you lose nothing. So, wager then without hesitation, that He exists"

Pascal's wager is not just that though.

If I beleive in the fairies it stops me understanding things in this world in a way which will allow me to use the understanding to achieve stuff.

It will demand that i give loads of money to the priest of whichever religoin I choose.

Nope, I will leave a good life as I see it and am able to live it. That will have to do for any being that is over seeing the whole of this vast universe of uncountable billions of galaxies and 13.8(?) billion years so far.

Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 7:44pm
Peace Zanoo.

Psalm 110:4 The Lord has sworn and will change His mind:You are priest forever,inthe order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 6:19,20.Wehave this hope as an anchor for the soul,firm and steadfast. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain 20 Wher our forerunner,Jesus, has entered on our behalf.He has become high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. 

Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ did not glorify himself in becoming high priest, but the one who glorified him was God, who said to him, “You are my Son! Today I have fathered you,” 6 as also in another place God says, “You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.” 7 During his earthly life Christ offered both requests and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to the one who was able to save him from death and he was heard because of his devotion.

John 1:18 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Hebrews 5:10 He is "called of God an high priest after the order of Melchizedek" 

Acts 4:10 Then let this be known to all of you and the people of Isreal:It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,whom you cricified but whom God rasied from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.
He is the stone the you builders rejected which has become the cornerstone.

Salvation exist in no one else,for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Psalm 118:22 The stone which was rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

What do you want more?

Lets get this clear and straight.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic