IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jerusalem  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jerusalem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jerusalem
    Posted: 16 December 2017 at 10:11pm
I say Jerusalem was and still is the Capital of Isreal and the Jews by the will of God and not anyone elses will, Who agrees with me?
Luke6_37 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke6_37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

I say Jerusalem was and still is the Capital of Israel and the Jews by the will of God and not anyone else's will, Who agrees with me?

According to scripture, David captured the fortress of Zion and the Lord established him as king over Israel (2 Samuel 5:6-12). I am not aware of any scripture that abrogates this, so I agree with you. Jerusalem, the City of David, was given by God to the people of Israel.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Luke6_37 Luke6_37 wrote:

I say Jerusalem was and still is the Capital of Israel and the Jews by the will of God and not anyone else's will, Who agrees with me?

According to scripture, David captured the fortress of Zion and the Lord established him as king over Israel (2 Samuel 5:6-12). I am not aware of any scripture that abrogates this, so I agree with you. Jerusalem, the City of David, was given by God to the people of Israel.

Zion started as another name for Jerusalem. It is also the Hebrew name of a mount in Jerusalem that was conquered by King David, where the City of David was located. The word Zion, Tziyon (צִיּוֹן) comes from the root tz-y-n
( צ-י-ן) in Hebrew. In Modern Hebrew we have a lot of verbs that come from this root. One of them is letzayen which means “to mark” or “to emphasize”. This meaning makes Zion an appropriate name to mark one of the holiest places on earth - Jerusalem. Some Jewish traditions even refer to Zion as the spiritual point from which the entire world was created, located in the Holy of Holies of the Temple.
ajzhyder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajzhyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 3:11pm
When was the last time there was peace in that City? I am talking about verifiable history e.g not about ancient history.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 1:47pm
@PeaceMaker
Quote I say Jerusalem was and still is the Capital of Isreal and the Jews by the will of God and not anyone elses will, Who agrees with me?

History certainly doesn't/didn't for about 2000 years.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 11:40pm

I say Jerusalem was and still is the Capital of Isreal and the Jews by the will of God and not anyone elses will, Who agrees with me?

The will of God seems only to be manifest throught the will of powerful people.

Odd that.

It would be better if we could not have these religions doing their stuff of war.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 10:01am

Since when because Israel was born in 1948 and Jerusalem existed long before Israel.So if you want Israel to have a capital how about Poland.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic