IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am thinking of converting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am thinking of converting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissManders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am thinking of converting
    Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:00pm
I have been dating a Muslim man for awhile. We ended the relationship as he can't accept that I already have a son. I find myself missing the culture and religion and have considered converting. However I do not know where to start. I do not know even the basics. I live near phoenix arizona in the United states and would appreciate any information or people to speak to in the area to help me decide and learn more. Thank you

Edited by MissManders - 30 November 2017 at 5:05pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 4:02am
Assalamualaikum firstly thank Allah for guiding you,if you want to convert say this-Ashhadu Allah la illah illAllah wa Ashhadu Anna Muhammadur Abduhu was rasoolu,means I testify that there is no God besides Allah and prophet Muhammad Saw (Pbuh)is his messenger.u say this and you mean it you are Muslim,there is no need to declare or to have special ceremony,it's between you and Allah,moreover there are 5 pillars of islam-first is shahadah which I described above,2nd is 5 time salaah or prayers,fajr,zuhr,asr,maghrib,Isha,3rd is zakah i.e to give certain amount annually from savings to poor,4th is to fast in month of Ramadan as Allah ordained us in ch 2 v 183 of Quran and 5th is Hajj i.e pilgrimage,and you can contact nearby masjid for Quran and further studies in Islam,but remember-Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.may Allah Grant you success in this world and hereafter.Allah fiz
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 3:04am
How does your son feel about this idea? Will he be forced to convert?
Aishashk View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishashk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 1:24am
Hi, u r welcome in islam.now u hv decide to accept Islam,u will find many people who will help u.if u need any guidance, u can also write to me or call me.i m from india.u can write to me on [email protected] and I will b happy to help u.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by MissManders MissManders wrote:

I have been dating a Muslim man for awhile. We ended the relationship as he can't accept that I already have a son. I find myself missing the culture and religion and have considered converting. However I do not know where to start. I do not know even the basics. I live near phoenix arizona in the United states and would appreciate any information or people to speak to in the area to help me decide and learn more. Thank you

There is an Islamic center near you. I am sure they will be happy to help you if you contact them. Here is their website and contact details:
http://iccpaz.com/islam/

Islamic Community Center of Phoenix
7516 North Black Canyon Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85051 USA

Phone: (602) 249-0496
Email: [email protected]

Edited by MIAW - 18 January 2018 at 11:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic