IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longford23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage
    Posted: 23 October 2017 at 1:13pm
Asalam Alaykum,�

I'm 25 year old Muslim female and my hands have been asked for marriage , he's as my parents say as they know him very well (him and his family) he is a practising Muslim with great personality and charactertiscs to which no one in their right mind would refuse. So the proposal is very good.�

However, I'm not feeling the marriage I've said no to my parents they've said that I'm crazy for refusing a guy like him and that maybe the shaytan is whispering and making me refuse. The thing is I pray and do lots of dua and I have tried to think positively about this proposal with an open mind and every time I do I just go back to feeling NO i don't want to marry him .. I'm not being stubborn and not trying to disrespect my parents I'm not. I'm a very shy Innocent girl who listens to her parents and I've never said no . But I am now . I've refused soo many times but my parents islamically keep giving me advice as parents would do.�

I don't know what to do , I feel suffocated , stressed and I want this all to be over and go back to normal.�

Please I really need help and advice
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 7:19pm
Dear Sister,

Take my example. My wife married me without meeting me personally. she was in india and i was in saudi. for visa purpose i got nikah done over the phone. she trusted Allah and her parents and now we are together since 7 years with a beautiful girl child. so dont be stubborn.put islam in between and take a decision. your check list should be as below

is he a practicing muslim
does he pray salah
is he capable to take your resposibility
does he qualify to attract u as per your perception for a husband.

I thing this is what we have in our hands and rest leave it to Allah
hope thia helps.
regards
Faisal
Longford23 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longford23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2017 at 4:07am
The thing is I don't want to get married now and I have no desire to .. I'm just not up to it yet. Is that wrong , I don't think I'm doing anything haram or shirk?
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 12:29am
It is not haram but this is the right age a girl shud get married. i have seen girls who deny good proposals repenting later.hope this does not happen with you.
Regards,
Faisal
tryingkangaroo View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryingkangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 10:59am
you want my advice from life experience? Do Istikhara, if you dont see anything or dont get a vibe then dont go ahead with it. Im sorry to say islamically people have a really naive view when it comes to marriage. Yes we are muslim so we should get married but don't! for the love of god do it because everyone else says you should. Fais took a massive risk and it paid off but it was a massive risk, Fais congratulations by the way i'm really happy for you bro.

But back to my point! If your not up for it dont do it! but heres a curve ball dont wait to flipping long either if you want to have a family.

Im probably not being helpful but I will say keep your heart open and pray that Allah puts you in the right position to be married.
Aziza25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aziza25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 5:57am
Salam sister,

What are your real reasons for not wanting to get married at 25? Is there something keeping you or you just don't feel any need?
Mustafaleek View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 4:53am
[QUOTE=fais]Dear Sister,

Take my example. My wife married me without meeting me personally. she was in india and i was in saudi. for visa purpose i got nikah done over the phone. she trusted Allah and her parents and now we are together since 7 years with a beautiful girl child. so dont be stubborn.put islam in between and take a decision. your check list should be as below

is he a practicing muslim
does he pray salah
is he capable to take your resposibility
does he qualify to attract u as per your perception for a husband.

I thing this is what we have in our hands and rest leave it to Allah
hope thia helps.
regards

i have read your story so motivate for me thank you brother Allah Bless on you.
< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic