IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Farting???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farting???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:27am

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

when a muslim is in wudu and if he has farted he should immediately perform wudu again, irrespective of wether the fart smelled or not.

Brother Salman, this is not correct.  If a Muslim is performing salat, they are not required to get up and perform wudu immediately if they pass wind and it is neither heard or smells.  Please see the hadith I posted on page 2 of this thread.  Inshallah it will clear of the issue for you. 

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Khadija1021 Khadija1021 wrote:

when a muslim is in wudu and if he has farted he should immediately perform wudu again, irrespective of wether the fart smelled or not.

Brother Salman, this is not correct.  If a Muslim is performing salat, they are not required to get up and perform wudu immediately if they pass wind and it is neither heard or smells.  Please see the hadith I posted on page 2 of this thread.  Inshallah it will clear of the issue for you. 

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

khadija, i expect you to agree with what I said regarding fartometer.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:44am

Sister Arabia, the following is a hadith about the question you have:

Narrated By 'Abbas bin Tamim:  My uncle asked Allah's Apostle about a person who imagined to have passed wind during the prayer.  Allah's Apostle replied, "He should not leave his prayer unless he hears or smells something." (Bukhari 001.004.139; also see, 001.004.177; )

Inshallah this will help you brother. 

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

khadija, in this hadith, Allah's apostle prophet muhammad ( may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him ) said not to leave the prayer in that situation.

At the same time, Allah's apostle did not mention anything as to somebody's wudu is still valid or not after he has passed air.

So, to be on the safer side, I think it is better to perform wudu again after salaat.

soosoo88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soosoo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:58am

yeah i agree, it's better to be safe then sorry

"The strong one is not the one who overcomes people with his strengh, but the one who controls himself while in anger."
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:41am

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

jazakallah sister khadija

arabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 11:34pm

Thank you all very much i got the information i needed with a little bit of humor lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic