IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does this constitutes kufr?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this constitutes kufr?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Dzeit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this constitutes kufr?
    Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:30am

Salam aleykom.

Sometimes when the enemies of Islam is making fun of Islam or the believers in order to make people laugh, I can't help but laugh at it sometimes. Also they quote a Quran translation in my language with a very ancient style (and it contains many many errors too) so sometimes I can't help but laugh at that, because the ancient wording is so strange.

Now since I know that making fun of Islam is kufr which makes a person a murtad, I wonder does these things described above constitutes that kufr, some of it or none of it or all of it? I've re-uttered Shahadah and made ghusl many times because of laughing at this. I've stopped visiting such sites but sometimes my memory recalls the stuff and then a laugh may come again and so on...

Here is the evidence that it is kufr and apostasy to make fun of Islam:

Actions that put a person beyond the pale of Islam

6 � Whoever makes fun of anything in the religion of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or makes fun of any texts that refer to rewards or punishments, is a kaafir. The evidence for that is the verse (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Say: Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed�

[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

So now my question is if that which I did constituted kufr. I would be grateful for a correct answer with some evidence behind it.

Barak Allah fik.

Edited by Abu Dzeit
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:57pm

Brother, this is probably one of those questions that are best answered by a sheikh.  Here goes the tafaseer for the ayats. 

9:64 [Some of] the hypocrites dread lest a [new] surah be revealed [in evidence] against them, making them understand what is [really] in their hearts. <>Asad(9,89)   Say: "Go on mocking! Behold, God will bring to light the very thing that you are dreading!" <>Asad(9,90)

Namely, self-knowledge. The accusation of "mocking" refers to their frivolous allusion to the Prophet, "He is all ear"

9:65 Yet, indeed, if thou wert to question them. they would surely answer, "We were only indulging in idle talk, and were playing [with words]. <>Asad(9,91)   Say: "Were you, then. mocking at God and His messages and His Apostle?

Most of the classical commentators assume that this refers to the derisive remarks made by some of the hypocrites about the alleged futility of the expedition to Tabuk. In view of the sequence, however. I am of the opinion that this is a further reference to those who "malign the Prophet by saying, 'He is all ear"' (verse 61)-i.e., accuse him of self-deception-and thus, by implication, "mock at God and His messages"

9:66 Do not offer [empty] excuses! You have indeed denied the truth after [having professed] your belief [in it]. <>Asad(9,92)  Though We may efface the sin of some of you, We shall chastise others - seeing that they were lost in sin. <>Asad(9,93)

I.e., consciously persevered in hypocrisy (Zamakhshari). The above Qur'anic sentence expresses the doctrine that in His final judgment God will take into account all that is in a sinner's heart, and will not indiscriminately condemn everyone who has been sinning out of weakness or out of an inner inability to resolve his doubts. and not out of a conscious inclination to evil (cf. 4:98 - "excepted shall be the [truly] helpless - be they men or women or children - who cannot bring forth any strength and have not been shown [or "cannot find"] the right way").

Salaam

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 6:27pm
I personally think the webpage you have referred is not a scholarly account about Islam. Kindly see that you may like to choose some good scholarly written books or websites and not just any so called Muslim websites.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic