IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I hate the prospect of marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I hate the prospect of marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petitrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate the prospect of marriage
    Posted: 01 October 2017 at 1:57am
Assalamu alaikum sisters!
I am 20 years old and my parents are looking for prospective alliances for me. Though I have good relationship with my parents, they are adamant to marry me off to any alliance from wealthy known family. I have said I only want to be married to someone who is good in Deen and of good character. My parents argue that no man is good in character. Only wealth makes a difference. They married my older sister to someone within our family. They knew he was a light smoker and doesn't pray 5 times daily, when my sister refused, they somehow changed her mind to agree to it. Now it turns out he is a chainsmoker and prays very rarely. As if that is not enough, he is always suspicious of my sister, even though me and my sister have never laid eyes on any other man before. He behaves like a psycho arguing with her every single day. He always wants just the intercourse. My sister regrets marrying him and so does my parents. But then, they will immediately console saying all men are like that only and it will take time to understand each other. Even after this mistake again they want to marry me off just for wealth. I feel like crying knowing my parents don't care my wish, just theirs of boasting in the family.
Also, everywhere I see, my friends, cousins all are getting married off. I see stories of how their husbands don't respect them and expect blind obedience. They want them to engage in haram sexual acts and are also not respectful of girl's parents. I am scared and don't ever want to marry now. I hate all men in our society and don't ever want to be with one, even though I know I can't escape. I feel like I am going to lose my respect and happiness anyway marrying some man that my parents point to. I don't have any boyfriends and never want one either. Help me! Help me change my thoughts, pls sisters! I feel trapped in this social evil called marriage!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic