IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Virtues of reciting the Holy Qur' an, and the  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Virtues of reciting the Holy Qur' an, and the

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumera78630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Virtues of reciting the Holy Qur' an, and the
    Posted: 12 July 2017 at 3:06am
Recite the Holy Qur' an for it will come as an intercessor for its reciter on the Day of Judgement. Note, silent reading is not recitation, recitation is reading out aloud, which has many benefits over silent reading e.g. two of which are gradual memorisation and others can also hear the words of Allah Ta' ala.

Allah Ta' ala says "If anyone finds no time for my remembrance and for begging My favours due to remaining engaged in the recitation of the Qur' an, I shall give him more than what I give to all those who beg favours of Me." The superiority of the Word of Allah over all other words is like the superiority of Allah over the entire creation.

One who recites the Holy Qur' an and he is well versed in it ( i.e its recitation), he will be in the company of those Angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in the recitation and has to exert himself, gets a double reward � so don't worry if you find reciting the Holy Qur'an difficult, the spiritual benefits are well worth the effort.

He who recites in a night one hundred verses, is not written of the unmindful ones. If a bondsman accomplishes the recitation of the Holy Qur' an sixty thousand Angels pray for him at that time.

Allah Ta�ala said:" When you read the Holy Qur�an, seek Allah�s protection from Satan the rejected one" (16:90) Ao�dhu-billahi-minash-shaytaa-nir-rajeem (I take refuge in Allah from Shaytan, the rejected one) then say Bismillah�.. and start reading.

If Allah Almighty opens the locks of your heart, then you would become aware of the marvels, wisdom and knowledge found in the Holy Qur�an, with the result that you would not have to ponder on other sources. Because whatever there is, is found in its pages, as Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur�an:" Nothing have we omitted from the Book" (Surah Al Anam Verse 39).

There is no such thing in the Universe but, it is found in the Book of Allah Ta�ala.

S�ad bin Ubadh may Allah Ta�ala be pleased with him reports that the Messenger of Allah Ta�ala, peace and blessings of Allah be upon Him said:" One who learns the Holy Qur�an and forgets it (out of carelessness) will meet Allah Ta�ala as a leper." (Mishkat).

Another ahadith, the Messenger of Allah Ta�ala, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him said:" The sins of my Ummah-(nation) were presented before me, but no sin was graver then the one that, forgot a Sunnah or Ayah after learning it."

Emphasis have been put on with black dots as these need to be read daily, if possible as du�as, guidance, mercy, forgiveness and to obtain your needs and desires (but make sure its Halal never pray for haram needs or desires) Insh'Allah. Especially the Faatiha it can be read for anything and everything. Surah Waqi�a is for provision, Surah Mulk should be memorised off by heart, for safety from the punishement in the grave, Ayatul-Kursi is from protection from Jinn, Shaytan and all Evil. Further details of these Surah and more will now follow...

The Excellence of Surah Al Fatiha

The Surah Fatiha is the greatest and most virtuous Surah of the Holy Qur' an; it consists of the Sab'a mathaani (seven verses which are which are repeatedly recited) and it Surah Faatihah represents the Grand Holy Qur' an. The Opening of the Book is a cure from every disease. It has come down to us that it is equal to two-thirds of the Holy Qur�an. And were the Faatiha to be put in one balance of the scales and the Holy Qur�an in the other, the Faatiha would outweigh the rest seven times...

This Surah is a spiritual ascension (miraj) for all the worshippers.

When thou art seeking sustenance and achievement of thy purpose from slaves and free men and the speedy possession of what thou desirest, then be at rest from fears and complaints. For in Faatihatul-kitab lies the secrets of secrets for obtaining what is hoped for. Persevere, then, in the study of it at all times; and in the morning, at noon, afternoon, and the sunsets prayer daily recite it ninety times completed by ten more (commonly understood to mean one hundred times) And thou shalt gain what thou wilt of respect and might, of awe-inspiring greatness and exalted power. (Al-Ghazali). Alhumdolillah.

The Excellence of Surah Al Baqarah ( 2)

The Shaytan runs away from the house wherein Surah Baqarah is recited. Recite Surah Al Baqarah for its recitation is a source of blessings and its forsaking is a source of regret and only useless people are unable to recite it.

Everything has a hump and the hump of the Qur' an is Surah Al Baqarah.

The Last two verses of Surah Baqarah (2 : 286-287)

Reciting from Aa-ma-nar Rasul-lu� till the end of the Surah will prevent Shaytan from coming even near one's house. The Holy Prophet (saw) is reported to have said that Allah Ta'ala has completed Surah Al Baqarah with such two verses that have been given to him from the treasures kept beneath the Throne; so learn them and teach them to your wives and children for they are a source of mercy, a form of recitation and prayers.

From Ibn Abbas (RA) He said: While Gabriel was sitting with Rasulullah sallahu-alayhi-wasallam he heard a voice from above, and raised his head. Then said, "That is the door of heaven, opened today, which was never opened before". And an angel descended from it, and he said," That is an angel come down to earth who never came down before." And he gave a greeting and said," Receive good news of two lights brought to you, which were never before brought to a Prophet, Fatihtul-kitab and the last verses (khawatim) of Surahtul-Baqarah; of these thou shalt never recite a single letter without being granted thy request". Alhumdolillah.

The Excellence of Aayaatul - Kursi ( Baqarah 2 : 256)

Aayatul - Kursi is the greatest verse of the Qur' an. Its the leader of the verses of the Qur' an. If Aaytul - Kursi is blown on yourself Shaytaan or Jinn alike will not dare come near you.

Ibn as-suna traced a Tradition-( Hadith) from Hadhrat Ali (as) he said; Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam " That Faatihatul-Kitab and the Throne-verse and Al-Imran Verses (3:19-20a) [19 starts with- Shahidallahu annah] and [20a is- innad-deena-' in-dall-hil lslam] and (3: 27-28) [ 27-28 starts from Qul-lilla-humma-malikal-mulki... to the end of bi-gheera-hisaaba] are hung upon the Throne; between them and Allah there is no veil... And Allah the Most High Said, " I have sworn that none of my servants shall recite them after every prayer without my placing him in the enclosure of holiness (paradise); and without my glancing at him with my eye of mystery, seventy glances every day; and without my supplying for him daily, seventy needs, the least of them forgiveness; and without my sheltering him from every enemy and giving him victory.

The Excellence of Surah Al An' aam ( 6 )

It has been mentioned that when Surah An' aam was revealed, Rasulullah - Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam said" Alhamdolillah" and then he said " By Allah, so many angles came to convey this Surah that the corners of the heavens became covered with their great numbers.

The Excellence of Surah Al Kahf ( 18 )

Whoever recites it on the eve of Jumu' ah, it will provide a Nur-(spiritual light) for him from one Jumu' ah till the following Jumu'ah. Whoever recites the last ten verses of Suratal Kahf, and if Dajjaal (the Anti-Christ) happens to reveal himself ( during the reciter's life time), he will have no influence on him (the reciter). According to another the words the first ten verses is mentioned. According to one riwayah the words whoever commits to memory ten verses of Surah Al Kahf is mentioned. According to one riwayah the words first three verses is also mentioned.

That who recites the last five verses of Surah Al Kahf, at his sleep time, Allah will wake him any time of the night. A special favour for those who find it difficult to awake for Tahujjad Salat.

The excellence of Aytul-Kreema (21: 89)

The prayer of Distress : La-e-la-haa-ill anta subhaanaka innee kuntu mi-naz-zali-meen (There is no god except thee. Glory be to thee. Verily I am from those who have wrong themselves.) The Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him, said : "Zuh-nun i.e. Hadhrat Yunus (as) while he was in the stomach of the fish/ whale said this (as mentioned above). Any distressed Muslim who utters these words shall surely be relieved of his distress".

The excellence of Surah Al Nur (24)

In it verse (36): 'Allah is the light of Heavens and the earth,' the parable of His light and its blessings, that the believer will look by the light of Allah.

The excellence of Surah Ya-Sin ( 36 )

Everything has a heart and the heart of the Holy Qur' an is Ya-Sin. It is said that he who recites it, Allah will count for him with its recitation , Ten times the recitation of the Holy Qur' an.

Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam said " that who recites it at the outset of the day, and he presents it before performing his need, then it is done for him." Recite Surah Ya'sin (morning and evening ) especially when in the presence of someone in his dying moments or after he has died, for it is mentioned in the aHadith that Surah Ya-Sin is the heart of the Qur' an and anyone who recites it for the pleasure of Allah and for the (reward of) the hereafter, Allah will forgive him, and (also) read it in the presence of a dying person.

This is the du�a of Mid-Shab�an. Begin after the sunset prayers by reciting Ya-Sin three times, the first with the intention of long life, the second with the intention of warding off calamity, and the third with the intention of averting dependence on other men. Another riwayah-(narration) is between Magrib and Isha� prayer; the first to be read with the intention of raising one�s maqaam (spiritual station) the second with the intention of rizq (provision) the third with the intention of protection from enemies.

The excellence of Surah Al Fath ( 48 )

Rasuallullah sallahu-alayhi-wasallam said that Surah Al Fath is most beloved to him from among all the things upon which the sun rises.

The excellence of Surah Ar Rahman (55)

Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam said: "For every thing a bride and the bride of the Holy Qur' an is the Most Forgiving Surah.

The excellence of Surah Al Waqi' ah(56)

Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam said : " That who recites Al-Waqi' ah Surah during the night then poverty will never strike him.

The Excellence verses of Surah Al Hashr ( 59: 23-25 )

Whoever reads this in the morning, seventy thousand Angels shall seek forgiveness for him till the evening and whoever so reads it in the evening then seventy thousand Angels shall seek forgiveness for him till the morning and if he passes away then his death shall be recorded as that of a martyr.

The Excellence of Surah Al Mulk ( 67 )

According to one ahadith Rasulullah sallallau-alayhiwasallam said " It is my desire that Suratal-Mulk should be in the heart of every Mu'min (believer) ". (That its committed to memory I.e. learnt off-by-heart.)

Accordingly to one ahadith when punishment is given to a person in the grave from the legs, they (the legs) say : " you may not punish him for he used to recite Surahtal-Mulk through me ( i.e by standing in Salat and reciting it); then when punishment is given out to him through his chest, stomach and head each of them say: " you may not punish him for he used to recited Surahtal-Mulk through me." Hence this Surah saves him from the punishment of the grave. The virtue of this Surah is mentioned in the Tauraah as well. anyone who recites it in the night, he has accomplished a great deal and has excelled.

The excellence of Surah Al Qadr (97)

According to the ahadith , Surah Al Qadr is equivalent to an quarter of the Qur' an.

The excellence of Surah Al Zilzaal ( 99 )

According to one ahadith this Surah is equivalent to an Quarter of the Qur'an and according to another, it is equivalent to half of the Qur' an.

According to one ahadith a companion (ra) asked Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam "O Messenger of Allah , show me a (concise) Surah of Qur' an which is comprehensive and which I may recite constantly", Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam Mentioned Surah Zilzaal. The companion (ra) said : "By Him who has sent as a Rasul, I will never recite much more than this." Saying this, he departed. Upon this Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam said twice: " This poor person has attained salvation! This poor person has attained salvation!"

The excellence of Al Kaafirun ( 109 )

According to a ahadith , Suratal-Kaafirun is equivalent to a quarter of the Qur' an. According to another ahadith , there are two Surahs which are excellent, and which are recited in the two Rak' aat (Sunnah) before ( the Fard of) Fajr : Kaafirun and Ikhlaas.

The Excellence of Suratun Nasr ( 110 )

According to the ahadith , Suratun Nasr is equivalent to an quarter of the Qur' an.

The Excellence of Suratal-Ikhlaas ( 112 )

According to the ahadith, Suratal-Ikhalaas is equivalent to a third of the Qur' an.

The excellence of Suratal-Falaq ( 113 ) and Surtun-Nas ( 114 )

Mu' aw-wazatain as it is also called, is used to invoke Allah's protection against the mischief of Jinn and the evil gaze (nazr) of men.

According to the ahadith no one ever begged of Allah Ta'ala with the likeness of these Surahs and no one ever sought refuge in Allah Ta'ala with the likeness of these two Surahs. According to one riwayah recite these two when you go to sleep and when you wake up.

Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam is reported to have said: Recite Qul A' oozu bi-rabbil falaq , for you are unable to recite any other Surah which is very much loved and speedily accepted by Allah as this Surah. Thus as far as you can help it, do not forsake it."

Apart from the many practices, of the companions of Rasualullah sallallau-alayhi-wasallam one or two more items of importance. One is the FIVE Surahs that are recited after each of the Five salaah.

These 5 surahs are:-
* AFTER FAJR: SURAH YASEEN
* AFTER ZOHAR: SURAH FATAH
* AFTER ASR : SURAH NABA(AMMA)
* AFTER MAGHRIB: SURAH WAQIAAH
* AFTER ISHAA : Surah Mulk

It appears in the ahadith that whosoever recites these five surahs after each salat respectively, will be among the cup-bearers of the HAUD-e-KHAUTHAR. Such a person will be alongside Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alaiyhi wasallam giving drinks of water to the Ummah.

BLESSINGS OF SURAH YASEEN: Allah Ta'ala solves all your problems.

BLESSINGS OF SURAH FATAH: Allah Ta'ala saves you from evils and Fitnah (corruption,misguidance).

BLESSINGS OF SURAH NABA (Amma): Allah Ta'ala grants you great knowledge & wisdom.

BLESSINGS OF SURAH WAQIAH: Allah Ta'ala grants you prosperity in work and business and a situation of poverty & hunger never arises.

BLESSINGS OF SURAH MULK: Allah Ta'ala saves you from the punishment of the grave.

This is just a very small collation of the numerous volumes of benefits and special blessings contained in the Holy Qu'ran. Besides the above Surahs, there is much more to the Holy Qu'ran and the benefits that we can achieve from it regular recitation and reflection are truly immense.

It was the Holy Prophet (saw) and this book that spiritually elevated a lost and ignorant Arabian peninsula over 1400 years ago. And even to this day it is awakening and elevating souls daily across the world.

So do yourselves a favour and leave the television switched off. Pick up the Holy Qu'ran and do what is more important for your self satisfaction and soul. That is to maintain regular Tilawat of the Holy Qu'ran from beginning to the end. Fix a time when you are free from other obligations and if your not free analyse how much time you are wasting to free it up. You will be amazed how quickly you will fall in love with Holy Qur'an.

If you can make free time after Fajr that would be best as according to ahadith this is the most acceptable time by Allah Ta'ala. If you can, commence the tilawat after the recitation of Surah Yaseen. Since Duaas (prayers) are readily accepted after the recitation of the Holy Qur'an, follow up your Tilawat with your personal dua.

May Allah enable us to achieve the true enlightenment contained within and to understand the deeper meanings of His Holy Words the miraculous gift that is the Holy Qu'ran. Ameen.

Edited by semar - 13 July 2017 at 11:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic