IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scared to tell my mom that I want to marry  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scared to tell my mom that I want to marry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merw96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scared to tell my mom that I want to marry
    Posted: 09 June 2017 at 6:42am
Assalamu aleikum dear sisters,

I�m new to this forum but I have an important issue that I�m carrying since 2 months now.
I�m 21, a student in my 5th semester and inshallah finish my studies in 2 years.
In October 2016 I met a really nice muslim guy through my sister�s friend ( he is his brother ). We got along really well, spent together with some other friends of my sister a good time.
Back than I hadn�t any thoughts about getting married to him. He was just a good friend.
Because in December 2016 he flew to his family to Pakistan ( we both are living in Germany, but originate from there ) where he actually should get engaged we didn�t chat a lot.
He stayed for about 6 weeks but wasn�t engaged when he came back.
So in April I went to visit my sister and him ( my sister lives about 6h away due to her studies and he also lives there ) and things got a little too far between us ( we didn�t do zinah� ).
I really pray and seek for forgiveness from Allah� We know, it�s wrong having any physical contact before marriage...
But we are sure that we want to get married.
I�ve told my sisters but they don�t support me. They say I�m still too young for getting married� He is 30 has both feet on the ground�.my sisters think he is pressuring me into marriage because he was thinking about the topic the last few months but that�s not the case. They don�t know what happened between us�.
Besides that we don�t wanna do any more haram things I really love him.
But I�m scared to tell my parents� I don�t know what to do I just really wanna marry him� I can imagine my parents would saythat I should first finish my studies before thinking about getting married. But we can�t wait that long ( It would still take about 2 years ).
But from the religious side I need to do it. It�s my obligation that I have to tell my parents�.But I don�t know how�.When is the right moment ? Will there be a good moment for telling them..?
He already told his parents about me and now it should have been my turn.

Dear sisters for me I�m in a really complicated situation� Can you please give me some advices how to open up to my parents ? How should I approach it ?
Please, help me...
Sarahhh View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarahhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 10:55am
Hi! I think you already know the answer :)
I'm a Christian and don't know much about Islam (trying to learn that's why I joined this forum) ;anyway, no matter how detail I give the crux of the matter would still be:mister up courage and just tell your mom. If he likes you back he will wait. I know a few similar cases and they did what I told you!
Aziza25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aziza25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 8:17am
What about his parents contacting directly yours?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic