IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 7 Earths in the Qur'an, and recently discovered  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7 Earths in the Qur'an, and recently discovered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

In the 4th century BC, two influential Greek philosophers, Plato and his student Aristotle, wrote works based on the geocentric model. According to Plato, the Earth was a sphere, stationary at the center of the universe.
Then their theory was refuted by the heliocentric system (centered on the Sun) from Nicolaus Copernicus.
Then refuted by the emergence of the theory of law of Universal Gravitation from Sir Isaac Newton.

The process of perfecting each other's theories is as proof that humans to get to the perfection of their knowledge must go through trial and error.
Humans are creatures that were given intellect intelligence by God so that they can explore the mysteries of the universe.

This process has been the result of looking at the real world.

Starting out with knowing you are right means you don't get anywhere.
I don't mean that I've already known the true secrets of the universe, but the Qur'an has given intuition to the human race who want to uncover the secrets of the universe and at the same time to prove the truth of God's words in the Qur'an.

Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 4:15pm
As a Muslim, this is very sad to see Muslims post stuff like this.

There are 7 “Earths” found within that distance. What about farther than that distance? I could pick a certain distance and find the exact number of things I am hoping to find and say: “Look, it proves this.”

Do most Muslims really have 0 scientific background. Even in seventh grade I wouldn’t have come up with something like this.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Hammad80 Hammad80 wrote:

As a Muslim, this is very sad to see Muslims post stuff like this.

There are 7 “Earths” found within that distance. What about farther than that distance? I could pick a certain distance and find the exact number of things I am hoping to find and say: “Look, it proves this.”

Do most Muslims really have 0 scientific background. Even in seventh grade I wouldn’t have come up with something like this.
اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَوَبَرَكَاتُهُ
As far as I know, there are indeed many Muslims who do not have a scientific background. But although Muslims lag behind in science, there are also some Muslims who study scientific knowledge. (Not 0)
Perhaps what was posted by the AlkitabAdvocate was only his discovery in the Qoran while for other further knowledge has not been found by him.
Humanity is only trying to get new discoveries, but until whenever humans will not be able to find all Allah's knowledge because humans are given the knowledge is only a little.
Allah Ta'ala Says:
وَمَاۤ اُوْتِيْتُمْ مِّنَ الْعِلْمِ اِلَّا قَلِيْلًا
"And you are not given knowledge but only a little."
(Al-Isra' 17: 85)

Could you please explain us about what you say "I could pick a certain distance and find the exact number of things I am hoping to find and say: “Look, it proves this.” ?
بَارَكَ اللهُ فِيْكُم
وَ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 5:13pm
First of all, the Quranic quote that there are 7 heavens is very vague- someone was just providing how the 7 Earths are the layers of our planet. Something this vague has no scientific "awe" to it once it's "proven".
Next, those were "Earth-like" planets, meaning it is subjective. What degree of closeness describes a planet to being Earth-like and not? It's all in the eye of who's classifying such planets as Earth-like.

Now, the main, important reason: the article talks about 7 Earth like planets WITHIN 40 light years! 40 light years is pretty much nothing in the expanse of the universe.
For starters, the universe is always expanding, and stars are always being formed/destroyed. These 2 conditions already trash OP's claim (that's why I said people with no scientific knowledge making such claims only are making fools of themselves; if they wanna prove Islam, they should be doing it with a field they actually have knowledge in).
Now, if scientists discovered every single planet in the universe (let's assume no new planets are formed and no planet is destroyed, and that the universe does not expand), only then would OP have some basis to his claim.

But these "Earth-like" planets are discovered only within 40 light years of a distance. What happens when we uncover more of the universe and find more of these "heavens"?
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Hammad80 Hammad80 wrote:

First of all, the Quranic quote that there are 7 heavens is very vague- someone was just providing how the 7 Earths are the layers of our planet. Something this vague has no scientific "awe" to it once it's "proven".
Next, those were "Earth-like" planets, meaning it is subjective. What degree of closeness describes a planet to being Earth-like and not? It's all in the eye of who's classifying such planets as Earth-like.

Now, the main, important reason: the article talks about 7 Earth like planets WITHIN 40 light years! 40 light years is pretty much nothing in the expanse of the universe.
For starters, the universe is always expanding, and stars are always being formed/destroyed. These 2 conditions already trash OP's claim (that's why I said people with no scientific knowledge making such claims only are making fools of themselves; if they wanna prove Islam, they should be doing it with a field they actually have knowledge in).
Now, if scientists discovered every single planet in the universe (let's assume no new planets are formed and no planet is destroyed, and that the universe does not expand), only then would OP have some basis to his claim.

But these "Earth-like" planets are discovered only within 40 light years of a distance. What happens when we uncover more of the universe and find more of these "heavens"?
Thanks for the explanation.
Then, do you know what Quran 65:12 means? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic