IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Successful People?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Successful People?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Successful People?
    Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:23am

Dear friends

I tried to post here before but it never let me. I noticed that if your posts are greater than 40 all the forums open for you.

Due to this reason I posted the following in the general section and sadly the discussion went to a completely different and unexpected direction. I hope we can have a better discussion here.

By ClearVision   

Words of Wisdom: The successful people

Verily We have created man into toil and struggle

Thinketh he, that none hath power over him?

He may say (boastfully); Wealth have I squandered in abundance!

Thinketh he that none beholdeth him?

Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?-

And a tongue, and a pair of lips?-

And shown him the two highways?

But he hath made no haste on the path that is steep.

And what will explain to thee the path that is steep?-

(It is:) freeing a person in bondage;

Or the giving of food in a day of privation

To the orphan with claims of relationship,

Or to the indigent (down) in the dust.

Then will he be of those who believe, and enjoin patience, (constancy, and self-restraint), and enjoin deeds of kindness and compassion.

Such are the Companions of the Right Hand.  (90:4-17)

Commentary:

The subject of these verses from Surah Balad (or City) is the acts which make an individual or group successful.

It first tells us about human nature that:

• All of us are in a state of struggle and toil in this world;
  • For some of us, riches of life create an illusion of being independent and that nobody is watching over them;
  • As a result they are boastful about their riches;
  • But there is no success in this false sense of independence;
  • Instead all of us are given faculties to observe and rationalize;
  • And choose between two different paths, one to success and other to failure, but
  • We do not take the difficult path of success.

It then tells us what is the path to success and why it is difficult. It requires us:

• To perform good deeds i.e. to free a man from bondage or to feed orphans and poor, and
  • Cooperate with other individuals who believe and do similar good deeds and who enjoin patience and compassion to each other.
  •  

In summary success have three ingredients:

1. good deeds,
  2. faith in God and
  3. cooperation with fellow human beings who share similar values.

Other References: Surah Asr (103) � it covers the same subject by saying we all are losing our precious time in life except those who have faith, do good deeds and enjoin patience and truth to each other.

Best Regards
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 9:07am

Assalamu alaikum,

Thank you for posting this again, it is unfortunate that your first attempt got railroaded off in a different direction.  Perhaps this time some good discussion will ensue!

I think that a lot of people feel that if they have money to get by (and especially if they have even more than that), if they have material possessions, friends, and so on, that they are somehow very sucessful.  Really, they are only fooling themselves into feeling that satisfaction in this life is the real success. 

It is only those who please Allah that will gain success in the next life, and that is where the real success is.  Even the poorest of the poor, the sick, the lonely, those who suffer hardship...as long as they worship Allah only and live this life to please Him, they are the ones who will be the successful.

"And most certainly shall We try you by means of danger, and hunger, and loss of worldly goods, of lives and of (labour's) fruits.  But give glad tidings unto those who are patient in adversity - who, when calamity befalls them, say, "Verily, unto Allah do we belong and, verily, unto Him we shall return."  It is they upon whom their sustainer's blessings and grace are bestowed, and it is they, they who are on the right path!"  Qur'an 2:155-157

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 9:13am

As Salamu Alaikum

Alhamdulillah you managed to post here again.

Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing these Ayat with us.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
smanzoor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 11:36pm

thanks Ummziba for the post

this is exactly what we need to stress within our Muslim communities

We need to teach our children and also the new Muslim brothers and sisters who join us that Quran teaches us to have faith, do good to other human beings and cooperate for goodness. Quran advises you not be proud of your wealth and privileges.

Best Regards
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 5:03am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

In the time of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), Abubakr (ra) was one of the wealthiest but the way he spent his wealth put him so high that Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said about him that if deeds of Abubakr are put on one side of scale and deeds of rest of community, Abubakr's deeds will still outweigh them all.  there is also a hadith that only two people are worth have envy for, one is who knows Holy Quran and recites it day and night and other who has wealth and spends it day and night.

but it is true that wealth has some sort of contaminating power that if u dont have strong enuf faith, it takes u down the wrong road.  another of my observation is that most of time, these days, there is an element of doubt whether that money is halal, in case of people who get have alot of it and get it really fast. so ofcourse haram money corrupts ur soul and it goes to ur head.

it might seem not so true to every1 but i think we muslim still care for each other in a sense that we want to help each other out. i was so happy seeing reaction of ummah for earthquake in pakistan. i used the word ummah cos thats how the reaction was, i read bout one brother in saudi arabia who sold his house and gave money for the victims and a sister in turkey sold her only pair of gold bangles. SubhanAllah.

i think problem is not the masses but a small fraction that is leading us at the moment. but then again they are there bcos of our wrong doings some how, i think we are doomed in one sense due to small little things, we do care for our brothers and sisters but not enuf to give them better share, women folk backbite bout their in-laws and men bout their mullahs, we lie alot, we blame alot, procrasinate and moarn, dont know why but some time looking at people around me, specially young ones it seems we might b waking up from this long sleep inshaAllah

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic