IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 72 Virgins in paradise  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 Virgins in paradise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

You can disagree with me anyway you would like. I am only showing the little I believe God showed me. Of course, I can be wrong; so, take what I share with a grain of salt. I mean you well.

I believe I can be wrong, but not the Scriptures. Here is the support for what I shared:
Matthew: 22:29 Jesus replied, �You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what God said to you:�

Now, I believe Jesus' words; so, I share what I believe to be true. You might say the gospel is corrupted, but the Quran doesn't mention gospel corruption; in fact, Allah tells the People of the Book to stand on the revelation they received for they can do no other and we do. So, as a Christian, I am being obedient to Allah.

Now Jesus also said I am the way (Deen) the truth and the life. NO other prophet could make such a claim. Jesus didn't show the way; because He is the Way to Paradise.

I believe Jesus' message basically was relationship with God trumps religion and tradition.

PBUY
Al
Greetings Saved,I just wanted to show you proof from the Islamic scriptures that the life eternal as expressed in the Quran is very clear and it has details about the life of the hereafter unlike any other heavenly religion out there.As for your personal belief, I have no issues with what you believe. We all have the right to believe what we want to. You posed a question whether women in Islam will not get anything which I corrected.As for you saying the Gospel is not corrupted, I've already given you explanation on this thread http://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35988&PN=2Go read it, Quran clearly states that Gospel and Torah are not in their original form anymore.If you have proof to refute that then please be my guest.As for Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) saying that he was the way. Let me tell you this, every Prophet who came told his people that he was the way to know God's will and that is whay Jesus, son of Mary (Alaihi Salaam) said. Simple. You just choose to interpret it in different way.Peace.
What did I say about Muslim woman that needed corrected? OF course we can believe what we want. That goes without saying. But as for other prophets who came and told his people that he was the way to know God's will is not what Jesus said or meant.

Jesus didn't say I show the way like all the other prophets you speak of. He said, "I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life." There is a huge difference between being and showing don't you think?
The truth is no prophet could even claim they are the way but Jesus. They could say "I'll show the way, the truth, and the life, but I am not the way, truth and life!"

Peace
Al

Edited by Saved - 03 November 2016 at 3:29pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 9:15pm

But as for other prophets who came and told his people that he was the way to know God's will is not what Jesus said or meant.

Jesus didn't say I show the way like all the other prophets you speak of. He said, "I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life." There is a huge difference between being and showing don't you think?
The truth is no prophet could even claim they are the way but Jesus. They could say "I'll show the way, the truth, and the life, but I am not the way, truth and life!" l

What you say contradicts your own scripture:

And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.� (John: 17-3)

This contradicts to what you claim and confirms what the Quran says about Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam).

Jesus, son of Mary, said, �Children of Israel, I am sent to you by God, confirming the Torah that came before me and bringing good news of a messenger to follow me whose name will be Ahmad. (Al Quran 61:06)

Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) was sent like every other Prophet to guide his people towards the truth. Obviously that is why he claimed that he is the truth and the way.

The fact is that he never said he was "The ONLY way".
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 1:29pm
No it doesn't contradict what I am saying. You are not understanding the gospel nor are you pointing out the contradictions.
John 17-3 confirms what I am saying. John 17 is saying if you don't know Jesus Christ, you don't know God. Notice Jesus is mentioned with God. You cannot have one with the other.
But you say Muhammad must be mentioned with Allah in the second part of the shahdah as an oracle of your faith or you cannot be Muslim. We admit there is an association between God and Jesus, but you don't admit the association you have practiced. I could be wrong, but it appears to me that you are practicing a contradiction if I am to be honest and call a spade a spade!

I know you don't see Muhammad as God or Creator, but you must still mention him with Allah to have a chance at paradise. You're having to mention him with Allah as a pillar of Islam. If that is not an association. What is it? IOW, how are you not practicing a contraction?

The gospel never records Jesus as son of Mary unless used to disparage him in his own town. It states unequivocally He is the Son of God.
In the gospel Jesus never said someone would come after Him confirming the torah. In fact, Jesus said I am come to fulfill the law and he did when he said it is finished on the cross. How does this contradict what I have shared from the gospel. It is not possible.

Jesus did tell of prophets to come: He said "Beware of false prophets who will deceive many." Jesus said he is the only way. He said you must believe I am He or you will die in your sin. He also said I am the door to the sheep. All others that have come in some other way are thieves that come to destroy. The gospel says He that has the son has life, and he that has not the son has not life. This is very clear. How is any of this contradicting what I said? Show where you see a contradiction. You are not clear.

PBUY,
Al

Edited by Saved - 05 November 2016 at 3:25pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 8:50am

No it doesn't contradict what I am saying. You are not understanding the gospel nor are you pointing out the contradictions.
John 17-3 confirms what I am saying. John 17 is saying if you don't know Jesus Christ, you don't know God. Notice Jesus is mentioned with God. You cannot have one with the other.
But you say Muhammad must be mentioned with Allah in the second part of the shahdah as an oracle of your faith or you cannot be Muslim. We admit there is an association between God and Jesus, but you don't admit the association you have practiced. I could be wrong, but it appears to me that you are practicing a contradiction if I am to be honest and call a spade a spade!

I know you don't see Muhammad as God or Creator, but you must still mention him with Allah to have a chance at paradise. You're having to mention him with Allah as a pillar of Islam. If that is not an association. What is it? IOW, how are you not practicing a contraction?

The gospel never records Jesus as son of Mary unless used to disparage him in his own town. It states unequivocally He is the Son of God.
In the gospel Jesus never said someone would come after Him confirming the torah. In fact, Jesus said I am come to fulfill the law and he did when he said it is finished on the cross. How does this contradict what I have shared from the gospel. It is not possible.

Jesus did tell of prophets to come: He said "Beware of false prophets who will deceive many." Jesus said he is the only way. He said you must believe I am He or you will die in your sin. He also said I am the door to the sheep. All others that have come in some other way are thieves that come to destroy. The gospel says He that has the son has life, and he that has not the son has not life. This is very clear. How is any of this contradicting what I said? Show where you see a contradiction. You are not clear.

PBUY,
Al

Saved,

Mentioning Prophet Muhammad as the final in the testimony does not mean we do all that you do with Jesus, son of Mary (alahi Salaam). We don't invoke him and neither do we worship him.

Yes he probably did say to be aware of false prophets. But the 'Comforter' he prophesied would confirm his teachings and that is exactly what the Quran does and no other personality in the history of mankind, has confirmed the teachings of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) except for Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wassallam).

Bring a scripture out there that claims to be a divine revelation and mentions Jesus and his mother Blessed Virgin Mary with utmost respect? Show me!

Quran confirms that Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) made it abundantly clear in the following words:

�And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.� (Mark: 10-18)

You do the opposite, you call him God.

PS: You did mention a lot of things about Islam in other threads which are untrue. Please provide proof of your claims. You claim to come here for discussion but I see that your concepts are contrary to what your scripture says, yet you keep arguing.

You are most welcome to follow whatever concepts you wish to. But please provide proof when you talk about Islam.

Edited by syed_z - 06 November 2016 at 8:51am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 5:50pm

Saved,Mentioning Prophet Muhammad as the final in the testimony does not mean we do all that you do with Jesus, son of Mary (alahi Salaam). We don't invoke him and neither do we worship him.
I never said you invoke him or worship him, but you do have to mention him with Allah as an oracle of your faith and as a pillar of Islam in the second part of the shahada. You say I am saying untrue things about Islam, but you don't say what those untruths are. You are saying untruths about the gospel, and I will show you what they are in this post and have already shown you some in other posts.

Yes he probably did say to be aware of false prophets. But the 'Comforter' he prophesied would confirm his teachings and that is exactly what the Quran does and no other personality in the history of mankind, has confirmed the teachings of Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) except for Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wassallam).
There is no probably about it. He said it we believe it and that settles it for us. Christians don't see the Quran confirming the gospel, but I understand that you see it as confirming what you what to believe to be true.

Bring a scripture out there that claims to be a divine revelation and mentions Jesus and his mother Blessed Virgin Mary with utmost respect?
The Book of Mormon has such scriptures, and the prophet Joseph Smith who Mormons claim is the seal of the prophets states he comes to confirm the Scriptures that came before (Torah/gospel he doesn't mention the Quran). We see Smith as a false prophet.

Show me!Quran confirms that Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) made it abundantly clear in the following words:�And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.� (Mark: 10-18) You do the opposite, you call him God.PS:
This is a classic example of you not understanding the Jesus of the gospel. Jesus wasn't saying he wasn't good. He is good. He wanted the person calling him good to realize what he was actually saying. Jesus is the only good person to walk the face of this earth. I would have responded but you are good Jesus you are the son of the living God. Jesus would have said blessed are you for my father showed you that.

You did mention a lot of things about Islam in other threads which are untrue. Please provide proof of your claims. You claim to come here for discussion but I see that your concepts are contrary to what your scripture says, yet you keep arguing.You are most welcome to follow whatever concepts you wish to. But please provide proof when you talk about Islam.
What things, and what claims??? tell which ones and I'll back it up.

PBUY,
Al
It is very sad when someone cannot see truth and believes a lie.
But it is a foolish, blasphemous sin and crime when someone sees truth and believes a lie don't you think?.

It is bad when someone is arrogant and tells the truth, but it is much worse when someone is arrogant and doesn't know what he is talking about don't you think?

I just want truth and love! What are you looking for?

BTW, I am just challenging us to think. I am trying to get you to think, and I want you to do the same for me. I am not judging you.

Regards,
Al

Edited by Saved - 07 November 2016 at 11:20pm
Abid Ullah Jan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abid Ullah Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 7:20am
Assalamualaikum,
I am Abid Ullah Jan, I have made an organization, called Peace Quest, for muslims in which we answer many myths/propaganda which are promoted by the media. To answer the Question of the 72 Virgins, i have answered it here: http://youtu.be/2kUHdkJU21Y
Wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic